CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My neighbours '05 xlr's trunk will not open on it's own, you have to manually lift lid, when using as trunk mode, but if you operate the roof mode, the trunk will open to put the roof in the trunk! The latch releases, but the lid will not go up or down on its own, whether you press the dash button, key fob button, or the button in the trunk. Any ideas anyone?

Do you know if that is the 'designed' behavior? I appreciate that your neighbor would apparently prefer if the XLR trunk opened in trunk-only mode, but did it ever do that?

I know I prefer that my trunk *not* pop open, so as to limit the time open to the rain or for access to items when I am still in the vehicle.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 10 months later...

My neighbours '05 xlr's trunk will not open on it's own, you have to manually lift lid, when using as trunk mode, but if you operate the roof mode, the trunk will open to put the roof in the trunk! The latch releases, but the lid will not go up or down on its own, whether you press the dash button, key fob button, or the button in the trunk. Any ideas anyone?

My 04 XLR trunk opens when you push the FOB or inside button. Closes when you hit the close button inside the trunk lid.

Sounds like a strange problem. Check to make sure the Valet Lockout switch is in the OFF position.

I don't have the 05 owners Manual but you may want to verify it's operation.

The 06 XLR manual is downloadable from the Cadillac site.[2004, 2005 are not on there , too old I guess]

• 5 years later...

If the valet switch located in the lockable glovebox is enabled, the top will not operate, nor will the rear deck lid latch release.

I solved a similar problem once- the only way the rear deck lid would operate was if the Folding Top Control switch (located on the center console between the seats) was pressed. The local switches (to the left of the steering wheel, above the license plate and the fob didn't do squat. The culprit was a faulty Front Tonneau position sensor.

CC

Edited by CCClarke

• 3 years later...