CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cash for Clunkers

Just wanted to add that I am a moderate lefty who voted for Mccain and I think the whole Cash For Clunkers deal is a downright joke (to say the least). All I was trying to do in my previous post was state the facts ;)

A.J.

Just wanted to add that I am a moderate lefty who voted for Mccain and I think the whole Cash For Clunkers deal is a downright joke (to say the least). All I was trying to do in my previous post was state the facts ;)

I'll say it again . . .

Our government borrowed money to pay citizens to DESTROY wealth!

I cannot imagine how anyone even remotely approaching sanity might think that a good idea.

Regards,

Warren I'll say it again . . .

I cannot imagine how anyone even remotely approaching sanity might think that a good idea.

Regards,

Regards,

Regards,

Regards,

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

WOW!

I can't even begin to imagine how I did that that that that that that.

Howsomever, I meant it!

Regards,

Warren :D:D:D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I just heard on TV that the $4500 received for clunkers will be taxed as regular income..... surprise, surprise, surprise

In order for this to happen, the dealerships that participated in the program would have to report the allowances given under the program on Form 1099s. A copy would be sent to the IRS and a copy would be sent to the participants to file with their income tax returns for the Year 2009. During the transactions, the customers would have had to give their social security numbers. I don't personally know anyone who purchased a new car under the "Cash for Clunkers" program.

To me, it doesn't seem as if the $4,500 would be "income", for the reason that a car was given in exchange for the money. This is just my own logic, but I would be interested to see how this works.

I just heard on TV that the $4500 received for clunkers will be taxed as regular income..... surprise, surprise, surprise

In order for this to happen, the dealerships that participated in the program would have to report the allowances given under the program on Form 1099s. A copy would be sent to the IRS and a copy would be sent to the participants with their income tax returns for the Year 2009. During the transactions, the customers would have had to give their social security numbers. I don't personally know anyone who purchased a new car under the "Cash for Clunkers" program.

To me, it doesn't seem as if the $4,500 would be "income", for the reason that a car was given in exchange for the money. This is just my own logic, but I would be interested to see how this works.

That it would be taxed WAS reported on Fox News. Googling it, it appears to be a rumor floating around, as I noted.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That it would be taxed WAS reported on Fox News. Googling it, it appears to be a rumor floating around, as I noted.

It's a good think the rumor wasn't started during the program! It might not have been quite as successful had people believed they were going to have to pay income tax on the money!

My husband heard that so many dealerships still aren't being paid for the clunkers they took as trades.

Somebody out there voted for an undefined "CHANGE" in November, 2008.

Well, duck and cover voters because the C4C program is/was simply the first paragraph of this saga of the definition of "CHANGE".

The next opportunity to stop similar future insanity is November 2, 2010 (MA voters might have an opportunity in 2009).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived