CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I did something Sunday afternoon I never do, mainly because I'm just to lazy to do it on a regular basis. :)

I got out in the 95 degree heat and high Alabama humidity and hand washed, waxed, and interior detailed my Deville using Mcquire's products. I must say, they make some great stuff and I highly recommend their products! :hatsoff:

I started off with the Deep Crystal Car Wash. After it dried I applied one coat of NTX Generation Tech Wax, this was the easiest on/off wax I have EVER used, HIGHLY recommended!! I then used the Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on the seats, which didn't leave the seats sticky or slick and it had a nice fragrance. I then cleaned the remainder of the interior surfaces with Quick Interior Detailer, which is also a really great product, it left the surfaces nice and shiny, without the greasy film of other products, plus it had a nice fragrance as well. I then cleaned the glass inside and out with windex and dressed the tires with Hot Shine.

Very impressed with their products and the end results. They left my ungaraged driver looking very sharp!

Something about this car made me get off my rear and out from in front of the tv as I usually spend my sunday afternoons. I just felt she deserved better than the auto wash and spray wax treatment that all my previous cars got!

Next time I'm going to clay!! And I'm thinking seriously about purchasing a machine buffer and see if I can put a serious shine on her!

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

I love Maguires products.

I dont know if you have experience with a buffer but buy a random orbital unit and be careful you dont burn the paint. If the rain ever stops over here, I am going to detail my 96, using a buffer, Ill post pics

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I love Maguires products.

I dont know if you have experience with a buffer but buy a random orbital unit and be careful you dont burn the paint. If the rain ever stops over here, I am going to detail my 96, using a buffer, Ill post pics

No, I don't have any experience with a buffer, but I have gathered quite a bit of info both here and at the Mcquire's site. I'm confident that if I'm careful and take my time that I could do a good job. However, I my borrow my dads old work truck to practice on first!!

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

After it dried I applied one coat of NTX Generation Tech Wax, this was the easiest on/off wax I have EVER used, HIGHLY recommended!!

I have used NXT for several years now and I have to agree. I do use a buffer with it.

Something about this car made me get off my rear and out from in front of the tv as I usually spend my sunday afternoons. I just felt she deserved better than the auto wash and spray wax treatment that all my previous cars got!

You are in love!

Archived