CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ok guys seats really need cleaning

my seats are really dirty... dirt is like ground into them and since i just got the car and have been busy... i havent had time to dedicate a whole day to the seats... i have tried leather cleaners and they dont work... i also tried mr clean magic erasers with little to no effect..... BUT WHAT IS GOING TO GET MY SEATS CLEAN? keep in mind they are extremely dirty... thanks for the help in advance. :grouphug:

My leather cleaning / treating approach starts like this:

Do not use any product that you would not use on your skin.

My favorite leather cleaning product is Woolite detergent suds applied with gentle elbow grease.

Rinse thoroughly with a damp rag.

Allow to dry.

Repeat as necessary.

Apply liberal quantities of Mink Oil and allow as many hours as possible for absorption (24 hours is good).

Remove excess Mink Oil.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, well I have detailed leather seats for my friends before that are very dirty. I think your keys words in this are "VERY DIRTY". Some people are not going to agree with this but it works. Get yourself some Prestone interior cleaner. The can with the scruber on the end. Spay it on your leather, about a 6" square at a time. scrub, but not to hard, and wipe of with a rag. Do the whole seat this way. Keep in mind you definetley need to use a good conditioner after this as this cleaner will dry the seats some. I like Eagle One Nano conditioner. Spray it on, rub it in by hand, and let dry for about 20 min. Wipe off access with a soft cloth.

The interior cleaner works wonders on dirty vynil as well. Good luck!

Ok, well I have detailed leather seats for my friends before that are very dirty. I think your keys words in this are "VERY DIRTY". Some people are not going to agree with this but it works. Get yourself some Prestone interior cleaner. The can with the scruber on the end. Spay it on your leather, about a 6" square at a time. scrub, but not to hard, and wipe of with a rag. Do the whole seat this way. Keep in mind you definetley need to use a good conditioner after this as this cleaner will dry the seats some. I like Eagle One Nano conditioner. Spray it on, rub it in by hand, and let dry for about 20 min. Wipe off access with a soft cloth.

The interior cleaner works wonders on dirty vynil as well. Good luck!

I see you are a new member, welcome.

I noticed that you are responding to OLD threads, look at the date on the last post before you post, you are dredging up old dormant threads.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived