CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cd player

I bought a factory cd player on e-bay for my daughters 96 eldorado, for her birthday present and cant make it work. It hooked up fine and then the theft lock is on. I have found sites to unlock some when they are in the original car and lost power/or whatever and are locked, but not to unlock this one in a different car. I have heard something about the vin number needing to match the car to the radio, but dont know what is needed. Anyone that can help ne with this? It has not turned out to be a very nice birthday present for her!

I bought a factory cd player on e-bay for my daughters 96 eldorado, for her birthday present and cant make it work. It hooked up fine and then the theft lock is on. I have found sites to unlock some when they are in the original car and lost power/or whatever and are locked, but not to unlock this one in a different car. I have heard something about the vin number needing to match the car to the radio, but dont know what is needed. Anyone that can help ne with this? It has not turned out to be a very nice birthday present for her!

You can take it to the dealer or to any shop that has a TECH 2.

Takes them just a very few minutes to unlock it.

Posted Image

• 7 months later...

You can take it to the dealer or to any shop that has a TECH 2.

Takes them just a very few minutes to unlock it.

A little late, but maybe it will help someone else. a CD head generally cannot be put in place of a non-cd radio. even when the VIN issue is resolved at a authorized repair shop, once the radio is installed, it will still not work. the non-CD radio generally has the amp built into the radio head, and the CD radio does not, & expects an AMP in the trunk.

Archived