CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help me pick a caddy!

Caddypower

In a CTS I would shop for a 2004+ 3.6L FE3 (sport suspension) with Bose, Nav, and Sunroof.

The CTS-V started in 2004 also, but they are still $20K + for a nicer example, and you mentioned mpg, which is not their forte.

Not familiar with that PA dealer. It is a good idea regardless of what Cadillac you are considering to run a carfax, and have an independent mechanic check the car out pre-purchase.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'd like to know a little bit more about YOU before I can recommend a car. About what age group are you? How do you plan to use this car? What do you expect of it? Why do you think this would be a better car for you than say a Toyota Avalon or Honda Accord or something? What year or price range would you likely be looking at? Are you mechanically inclined?

I think knowing the answers to these questions are critical to helping you find a car that will suit your needs and budget.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I like my CTS because it's classy and sporty, has lots of pep and fits me well, being a woman. It takes regular gasoline. I put super in it once, and it had a hard time starting first time of the day.

Best of luck with your search for the perfect Caddy! ;)

In a CTS I would shop for a 2004+ 3.6L FE3 (sport suspension) with Bose, Nav, and Sunroof . . .

Bruce,

I'm 6'3" and occasionally enjoyed the sunroof in my '95 Eldorado. I had to move quickly when I bought the '98 Eldorado and was disappointed by the lack of a sunroof. However, I got used to it in a short time and even began to appreciate the extra headroom. When I bought the '01 Eldorado I specifically sought one WITHOUT a sunroof; I like that added headroom (something the Eldorado sorely lacks when a sunroof is in place). The Eldorado is a low rider.

How would you rate, for headroom, a sunroof-equipped CTS?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Certainly the CTS with sunroof has less headroom than without due to the design. I think the issue is whether you can find a comfortable driving position that keeps you at an angle so that you don't interact with the sunroof and still enjoy driving. I am 6'2" and in my experience in my most natural driving position it depends on when my last haircut was if the sunroof equipped CTS has enough headroom or not (so it is very close). I think what one does is adjust the seat to lean back a bit and lower the headroom needed, if you see what I mean. However, that may not be a comfortable driving position.

The sunroof adds 100 lbs or so of weight, so it is a slight negative for performance.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

http://usedcars.kbb.com/fyc_b/vdp.jsp?ct=u...amp;cardist=101

2003 STS, 43,000 mi. Rohric Cadillac, West Liberty Ave. PGH. PA $14,000.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived