CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 cts knock sensor code p0332

I could use a little help. I am getting p0332 continuously I replaced the knock sensor bank two and still get the code . I measured the circuit between knock sensor 1 and ecm get a reading of 0 which I think is good . Reading between Knock sensor 2 and ecm is a high resistance I'm not sure but does this mean the ecm is bad thanks for any info. A little history recently replaced the thermostat and flushed the system due to no heat heat now works fine but am getting the p0032.

P0332 Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)

What you have is a bad connection between knock sensor 2 and the ECM, probably a dirty or bad connection at a connector on the knock sensor or the ECM, but possibly a broken wire.

ECMs rarely go bad, and the main symptom is usually a dead car. Three things that can cause modules to go out are

• Hooking jumper cables up with the wrong polarity.
  • Using a fast-charger with the battery cables connected that puts 18 Volts or more on the system.
  • A really bad engine fire.
This last can be simulated by something that removes the cooling from the ECM, such as a K&N intake that disconnects the factory cool-air intake with its flow over cooling fins on the ECM (which is under the factory air cleaner element), plus blocking off the flow of air through that intake or over the ECM -- then drive in the desert near Thermal, California in August for awhile.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 weeks later...
I could use a little help. I am getting p0332 continuously I replaced the knock sensor bank two and still get the code . I measured the circuit between knock sensor 1 and ecm get a reading of 0 which I think is good . Reading between Knock sensor 2 and ecm is a high resistance I'm not sure but does this mean the ecm is bad thanks for any info. A little history recently replaced the thermostat and flushed the system due to no heat heat now works fine but am getting the p0032.

I finally got around to checking the wiring etc and as of today the p0332 is still current . The car finally died with two additional codes P0335 ckp sensor and P0337(i cannot find that code in any of the code references.I had it towed to the dealer and am awiating the results.

I finally got around to checking the wiring etc and as of today the p0332 is still current . The car finally died with two additional codes P0335 ckp sensor and P0337(i cannot find that code in any of the code references.I had it towed to the dealer and am awiating the results.

P0335....Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit

P0337....Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input

Could be a either a wire, a connector or the CKP sensor itself, needs to be replaced.

Posted Image

Archived