CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 escalade seat problems

Hi i am a new member to this part of the forum .. i live in sweden and are moustly active in the swedish parts

well i own a 03 escalade esv and iv got troubble with my driver seat ,, or in that matter Both frons seats are affected ,,

al this started when il tryed to pull up the window on the drivers side with to low voltage in the battery ,,

when il later started the truck by using another battery both front seats was dead ,, both in the mowment and the heat ,,

( let me tell you already ,, there isent anything wrong with the battery )

il got the seats mowment and heat working again by unpluged the battery for some time BUT after a short while the whole system was dead again

at last il found out that a huge fuse in the box in the engine compartment was burned ( 50 A ) MBEC 1 ... then il made my own fuse (40 A ) and did try it again ,, and "voila" it works ,,,

when il put the key in the lock the front seat go to there prefferd places and the heat works ,, ( soo far soo good ) ( and now what is happening ) ,,

then when il take out the key and the seat travels backwords (easy exit seat ) on almoust the half way of travel to the end the fuse pops and theres aint no way to get it in another position becuse its a pure shortcut in "something" ,,

il THINK the BCM ( body control module ) still wants the seat to travel al the way back before it will adress it forward again ,,

i shall try by unplugg the battery and reconnect it and ad a new fuse ,, last time il did that the seat did travel al the way back and forward as is shall do (but burned the fuse when il take the key out again )

my suspicion is that it might can be any end postition switch or somethings like that that dident like´d the higher current it did see when il tryed to get the window up with low voltage

( as soon as il put the key in the lock the seat is travel forward and without any voltage the componets in the system might get burned by owerload ) well theres the whole scenario soo far ,, what i am looking for now is if someone might hade have a simular problem and how they solved it ?

the truck is far to big for my garage and its way to coold here now for some bigger adventures and searches after what the main problem might be .. can anyone give me a hint ??

best regards Åke Of sweden

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i am a new member to this part of the forum .. i live in sweden and are moustly active in the swedish parts

well i own a 03 escalade esv and iv got troubble with my driver seat ,, or in that matter Both frons seats are affected ,,

al this started when il tryed to pull up the window on the drivers side with to low voltage in the battery ,,

when il later started the truck by using another battery both front seats was dead ,, both in the mowment and the heat ,,

il got the seats mowment and heat working again by unpluged the battery for some time BUT after a short while the whole system was dead again

at last il found out that a huge fuse in the box in the engine compartment was burned ( 50 A ) MBEC 1 ... then il made my own fuse (40 A ) and did try it again ,, and "voila" it works ,,,

when il put the key in the lock the front seat go to there prefferd places and the heat works ,, ( soo far soo good ) ( and now what is happening ) ,,

then when il take out the key and the seat travels backwords (easy exit seat ) on almoust the half way of travel to the end the fuse pops and theres aint no way to get it in another position becuse its a pure shortcut in "something" ,,

il THINK the BCM ( body control module ) still wants the seat to travel al the way back before it will adress it forward again ,,

i shall try by unplugg the battery and reconnect it and ad a new fuse ,, last time il did that the seat did travel al the way back and forward as is shall do (but burned the fuse when il take the key out again )

my suspicion is that it might can be any end postition switch or somethings like that that dident like´d the higher current it did see when il tryed to get the window up with low voltage

( as soon as il put the key in the lock the seat is travel forward and without any voltage the componets in the system might get burned by owerload ) well theres the whole scenario soo far ,, what i am looking for now is if someone might hade have a simular problem and how they solved it ?

the truck is far to big for my garage and its way to coold here now for some bigger adventures and searches after what the main problem might be .. can anyone give me a hint ??

if you took out a size 50 fuse, why wouldn't you put a 50 back in?

if you took out a size 50 fuse, why wouldn't you put a 50 back in?

why is easy .. i dident got one at home ... and the value of this fuse is HIGH ., and that its becuse it covers manny diffrent options .. but a regulare working power seat dosent get near to that amount of ampere´s when its working ... and when you search for electric problems theres always better to use a LOWER trated fuse then a higher

• 1 year later...

hi male sure the power wires from the seat to the floor are not getting jammed into seat works. also there is a module in door towards the back that has all the memory profiles for seats mirrors in it. jim

Archived