CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Peter Schiff

Peter Schiff was spot on. These are news bites going back to 2006 when Peter Schiff was warning everyone to stay away from real estate and the stock market, same as I've been warning people since 1998... :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

He was right. Also interesting to hear the 'rest' of the panel deride and make fun of his point of view.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Understanding Economics 101 (or) How Wall Street and Washington DC played host to what history will remember to be the largest theft of taxpayer money and earnings in USA history.

Lesson One - Humans are Lazy and Greedy and similar to lightning, will always seek the path of least resistance. See Lesson Two.

Lesson Two - Offer the ability to make money without having to work for it OR produce something useful for society and most people will happily "go for it". People will buy into any illusion that makes them believe their money is "working for them". So long as people believe they can prosper in society without having to actually WORK and produce something useful for society, well, Mr. Chuck Ponzi will always have proud followers.

Lesson Three - The story of the Carrot and the Stick applies to most humans as well as donkeys. Give humans a negative incentive and then offer them a positive incentive and they will ALWAYS go in the direction you want them to go.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Peter Schiff is indeed a smart man. He has a keen awareness of current trends (as well as historical ones), effects of inputs and outputs, and an eye for the raw and emotionless truth. He is one of the reasons I voted for Ron Paul (Schiff was Paul's financial advisor). However, it should be noted that Peter Schiff wasn't alone when he made his financial projections and predictions. Many, not so famous, financial experts echoed Schiff's beliefs. My father, who bought and sold money at high volumes (for lack of a better description), and some of his close business associates voiced much concern back in 95 when the Government passed certain measures that were clearly against smart and sound business practices. They dropped the plan to charter a bank...... and the rest is proven history.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived