CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Please Help! I've already checked:

- fuses -FINE

- replaced bulbs (1 was burnt out) ALL LIGHTS TURN ON. except for the dash board "green arrows for blinkers"

- bought a repair book (Haynes) not good for the little things

- flasher - ? CANT FIND IT (Auto place recommended square one & my friend thinks it should be the round one) I have both.

the dash board little arrows do light up for the HAZARD flasher. Not for blinkers (turn signals).

Took off the panel under the steering wheel, laid upside down on the seat and could not see a flasher. Turned on Hazard flahers to help locate the flasher. A friend looked who thought he heard it and thought it could of been round. (I bought both)

Its very busy under the dash on the drivers side. I dont know what area it is located. My repair manual dosent offer much except next to steering column.

HOWEVER - is it true that the flasher can click n blink for the hazards and still not work for the blinkers.

QUESTIONS:

My big concern is I'll hit the wrong something and the airbag will knock me out. (while laying upside down on the drivers seat)

Where is the flasher?

Is it round or square?

Is that a possible solution?

Dont you just simply locate the thing and un-plug it. Plug the new one in?

Or - Of course there is probably a better repair manual that i could add to the cost of my simple fuse replacement.

Or - Should I stop now.

thank you should anyone respond.

IN A LANGUAGE THAT SOMEONE WITH LIMITED AUTO EXPERIENCE COULD UNDERSTAND.

To diagnose, I would ensure that each bulb was good, then examine the sockets the bulbs are in for corrosion or water entry. Then I would examine the wiring leading to each bulb socket, etc.

When checking the fuses, for blade type fuses be sure to pull them out and examine. Sometimes they can be melted/broken in fairly subtle ways.

For the flasher, I'll have to defer to someone with a 93 helminc.com shop manual. My reference does not show the 93 detail.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I believe there are 2 flashers. One on each side of the column. The round one is for the 4-ways. The rectangular one is for the turn signals. I forget what side each is on. Once you locate it, unclip it and pull it down, it's just unplug the old and plug in the new.

To diagnose, I would ensure that each bulb was good, then examine the sockets the bulbs are in for corrosion or water entry. Then I would examine the wiring leading to each bulb socket, etc.

When checking the fuses, for blade type fuses be sure to pull them out and examine. Sometimes they can be melted/broken in fairly subtle ways.

For the flasher, I'll have to defer to someone with a 93 helminc.com shop manual. My reference does not show the 93 detail.

Thank you so much.

Appreciate the reoponse.

I believe there are 2 flashers. One on each side of the column. The round one is for the 4-ways. The rectangular one is for the turn signals. I forget what side each is on. Once you locate it, unclip it and pull it down, it's just unplug the old and plug in the new.

I did take it in this morning and had it repaired. However, the first mechanic started off with, "93's are known for having a bad... switch??" I left! Took it to a 2nd mechanic that a friend recommended and sure enough - flasher!! (Glad it didn't turn out to be a switch!)

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the info.

Caren

I did take it in this morning and had it repaired. However, the first mechanic started off with, "93's are known for having a bad... switch??" I left! Took it to a 2nd mechanic that a friend recommended and sure enough - flasher!! (Glad it didn't turn out to be a switch!)

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the info.

Caren

You were very smart to take it to the second place.

There is a good possibility that the first place would have just replaced the flasher but then CHARGE YOU for replacing the switch.

Glad you got it fixed.

Posted Image

Archived