CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2007 Escalade NAV unit

Any GM NAV techs out there who can help me out?

I have a 07 Escalade brought to Europe from US and it is equipped with a NAV/Radio/DVD/CD system. I want to use the NAV here in Europe and therefore I have been trying to find a Euro NAV disk. I learned that the 07 Euro Escalade hasn’t NAV as an option. However for 08 NAV is available. Therefore I called GM NAV disk department in US and asked them if the new Euro NAV disk will work in my US Escalade. The answer was NO! I then contacted Cadillac Europe, and asked them for a solution. Their answer was that I have to replace the whole NAV/Radio/DVD/CD unit with a Euro spec unit.

Is the answer from Cadillac Europe correct? Is there now other solutions?

I am surprised if it is not possible to reprogram the unit with European software, at least the NAV and DVD part of the unit.

Thanks.

Denso makes the Escalade nav system and they say:

2. I have an imported vehicle from North America with a DENSO navigation system. Where can I buy disks for Europe?

Unfortunately the navigation systems fitted in North American vehicles are different to Europe. The US systems work on different map data and functionality which causes an incompatibility between the US and EU systems. For example the US do not have the RDS or TMC functions and therefore the inputs for antenna as well as the hardware itself is different.

In most cases we don’t have any discs with European coverage for such systems. The discs we produce for Europe are only suitable for European Original Equipment fitted navigation systems.

As a last hope, there is an independent supplier who makes generic discs compatible with a wide range of navigation systems. They might be able to help. The website is www.navteq.com.

I don't see your vehicle listed on their search, but their contact page lists:

By Phone

Toll Free for most Western Europe

00800 18 23 53 22

0800 914 478 (France)

800 781 145 (Italy)

0800 181 6065 (Germany)

All others

0031 555 384 245 (not toll free)

So you might call them and ask. Please let us know what you find.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Perhaps your Saab or Opel dealer might be able to help. Saab automobiles and Opel are GM makes and they may use the same nav systems as the US models and have European DVDs from a source other than DENSO.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Denso makes the Escalade nav system and they say:

2. I have an imported vehicle from North America with a DENSO navigation system. Where can I buy disks for Europe?

Unfortunately the navigation systems fitted in North American vehicles are different to Europe. The US systems work on different map data and functionality which causes an incompatibility between the US and EU systems. For example the US do not have the RDS or TMC functions and therefore the inputs for antenna as well as the hardware itself is different.

In most cases we don’t have any discs with European coverage for such systems. The discs we produce for Europe are only suitable for European Original Equipment fitted navigation systems.

As a last hope, there is an independent supplier who makes generic discs compatible with a wide range of navigation systems. They might be able to help. The website is www.navteq.com.

I don't see your vehicle listed on their search, but their contact page lists:

By Phone

Toll Free for most Western Europe

00800 18 23 53 22

0800 914 478 (France)

800 781 145 (Italy)

0800 181 6065 (Germany)

All others

0031 555 384 245 (not toll free)

So you might call them and ask. Please let us know what you find.

Bruce,

Thank you for your tip. I have forwarded an email to Navteq, but I am not that optimistic since they only sell Cadillac disc through GM navdisc centre in US. I will keep you posted!

I think the NAV unit on the 2007 and newer Escalades are made by Delphi and not Denso, as the pre 2007 models. See the link: https://delphi.com/shared/pdf/ppd/audio/au_tnr.pdf

Thanks,

I am open as to the facts. It is also possible that Denso makes the Delco version, that there are 2 different versions used on different models of Escalade, or that a 3rd party actually makes the units for Denso and Delco. :mellow:

The only clear message I have seen so far is the FAQ on the Denso site that says if you have questions you might talk to Navteq.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I am open as to the facts. It is also possible that Denso makes the Delco version, that there are 2 different versions used on different models of Escalade, or that a 3rd party actually makes the units for Denso and Delco. :mellow:

The only clear message I have seen so far is the FAQ on the Denso site that says if you have questions you might talk to Navteq.

Here is the answer I got from Navteq

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. While Cadillac uses our map data we neither produce nor distribute the disks for their systems. For information please contact Cadillac at http://www.gmnavdisc.com or 877.628.3472.

So I am back to zero, because I know the answer from GMNavdisc.com......

Where can I go to learn more about the option of reprogramming the NAV unit? Or do some of you GM techs on the forum know (can look up) the PN of the complete Euro spec NAV/Radio/DVD unit, if I just replace the whole unit?

Thanks,

• 4 years later...

I wish I had seen this old thread before importing my U.S. 2007 Escalade ESV to Denmark this spring (2013)!

Does anyone have an updated answer on how to proceed?

I have purchased Map Europe DVD version 7.4, GM p/n 25962214, but to no avail...

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps a used Euro spec nav system from a recycling yard?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived