CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

some questions about a 1994 SeVille STS

hi i own a 1994 SeVille STS and i love it the only problems that i have is when it is telling me to change the oil or check the airbags i know there is a code that you can put in to dlete those but i dont know what the codes are so thanks for helping me

brandon1980

:welcomesmiley::nopicssmiley:

After a fresh oil change you can use the driver's info center to reset the oil life indicator to 0%. Check the page here for how by year.

What is your airbag issue?

Your Cadillac has onboard diagnostics. If you read the diagnostic codes and post them that may give more info. Please check the page here for how.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 weeks later...
:welcomesmiley::nopicssmiley:

After a fresh oil change you can use the driver's info center to reset the oil life indicator to 0%. Check the page here for how by year.

What is your airbag issue?

Your Cadillac has onboard diagnostics. If you read the diagnostic codes and post them that may give more info. Please check the page here for how.

both of those sites did not work for me. got aney others? because i hate to take it to the dealer and pay x amout of dollars to get them to do it

thanks

brandon1980

both of those sites did not work for me. got aney others? because i hate to take it to the dealer and pay x amout of dollars to get them to do it

thanks

brandon1980

Did not work for you how? Were you able to reset your oil life indicator?

Did you read the current and historical DTCs and can you post them here?

Bruce

thanks

brandon1980

Did not work for you how? Were you able to reset your oil life indicator?

Did you read the current and historical DTCs and can you post them here?

yes i did both and it did not work :(

Ok, let's start with reading codes.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON. [bruce notes: interestingly, the engine can be on or off]

2. On the cars up to 1995, on the Climate Control panel, press the OFF and WARM buttons simultaneously.

what happens when you do this?

Bruce

nothen hapens :( well i guess i have to take it to the dlear

TRY to have some patience. You don't have ANY serious problem here to RUN to the dealer at all.

Do you have an owners manual (the one from the GLOVE COMPARTMENT)?

In the owners manual, it is explained how to reset the OIL LIFE MONITOR

Here is the procedure

93OLMRESET.jpg

With regard to checking the DTC codes for your air bags you need to follow these directions carefully

1) Turn the ignition switch ON.

2) On the Climate Control panel, press and hold the OFF and WARM buttons simultaneously

Write down everything you see that comes up you maybe see codes that look like this P0945, write it down.

Now if NOTHING happens, or something happens describe to us WHAT HAPPENS.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived