CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

catera transmission

dgladillac

Did the Catera have a sport mode for the transmission similar to the CTS? Is the sport mode enabled?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Does the Catera use a VACUUM MODULATOR?

I don't THINK it does, but thought I would ask.

But, IF it does, check the vacuum hoses going to it.

If there is ANY trans fluid in the hose.. REPLACE the modulator.

It has a broken diaphragm.

Posted Image

Did the Catera have a sport mode for the transmission similar to the CTS? Is the sport mode enabled?

yes it has sport mode but i put it in and out of sport mode at least the light went out but i guess it could be stuck in sport mode

the car seems to be stuck in sport mode when im going whether you push sport mode or not the rpms are the same so im pretty sure its stuck in sport mode is there anyway to bypass this

I would think the did not replace the TCM, but if you have the paperwork for the engine swap you could check it?

Bruce

Sounds like it is under the dash on the passenger side:

1. Remove the passenger side I/P sound insulator panel.

2. Remove the passenger side floor air outlet retainer (2).

3. Remove the passenger side floor air outlet. Disconnect from air distributor and rotate the outlet side rearward.

4. Remove the transmission control module nuts (2).

5. Remove the transmission control module (1).

* Pull module away from the studs.

* Slide the module downward away from the upper clip.

Bruce

The TCM acts as a "computer" to control the transmission. For best performance the current speed, temperature, and other issues need to be taken into account. The TCM gets all these inputs and then decides how the transmission should react in the current situation.

The TCM controls shift points, shift feel and torque converter clutch apply and release, to provide proper gear ranges for maximum fuel economy and vehicle performance

Bruce

The TCM acts as a "computer" to control the transmission. For best performance the current speed, temperature, and other issues need to be taken into account. The TCM gets all these inputs and then decides how the transmission should react in the current situation.

The TCM controls shift points, shift feel and torque converter clutch apply and release, to provide proper gear ranges for maximum fuel economy and vehicle performance

thank you

Ok i changed the tcm but still had the same problem the car wont shift until like 4500 rpm could it be because the engine was changed from a 97 to a 99 engine would that make a difference. Also i bought a tcm brand new but it is for a 99-01 catera and is brand new if anyone on here is looking for one sell it for 75 plus shipping.

I don't think the Catera has onboard diagnostics, but you need to get a code reader or ask a mechanic or maybe an auto parts shop to help you read the current diagnostic trouble codes then post them here and we can discuss.

Bruce

Archived