CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 Escalade Theft Security System Issue

Hello,

I have a 99 Escalade that sets off its alarm every 30 min. or so if you use the handheld FOB to arm the system. The system does not have any issues if you lock using the inside lock button on the door. The only codes present are an O2 sensor code and a trans code. Would replacing the Theft Deterrent Computer Module take care of this problem, if so will the keyless remotes need reprogramed to the new module

Thank you

David

I think what you are describing is the Content Theft Deterrent system:

Content Theft Deterrent (CTD) Circuit Description

Theft Deterrent System

The theft deterrent system is a subsystem of the body control module (BCM). This system uses an adjustable shock sensor in early production units only. This sensor is located inside of the center floor console to sense an intrusion or shock to the vehicle. The system also uses a security LED, located in the center floor console, to indicate to the operator the security mode. The BCM can be set by the customer to vary the control of the horn chirps and parking lamp flashes during shock sensor detection. The BCM also senses the position of all door jamb switches to control the lock function during alarm arming. The following circuits connect the BCM to the door jamb switches:

* Door Jamb Switch, LF, CKT 159 (TAN).

* Door Jamb Switch, Liftgate, CKT 1897 (ORN).

* CKT 328 (PPL) are connected in parallel to the following door jamb switches:

o Right Front Door (RF)

o Right Rear Door (RR)

o Left Rear Door (LR)

o Rear Cargo Doors (Cargo)

The BCM will only arm the theft deterrent system when the BCM senses that the doors to the above circuits are closed. If the door lock function is detected by the transmitter only and the doors are closed, power is sent to the door lock inversion module through CKT 244 (LT BLU) locking the doors and the alarm is armed. This is indicated by the 2 horn chirps and the headlight flash, plus the security LED will flash once every 2 seconds. If the tailgate or panel doors are open the horn will chirp once. When the lock function is detected by the door lock switch or by the transmitter lock function and any door is open, the alarm will go into "wait" mode and will arm the device when all of the doors have been locked. This is indicated by the headlights flash.

Disarming the theft deterrent system is accomplished when the BCM sends power to the door lock inversion module through CKT 245 (DK BLU). In this mode the security LED is off.

Power is fed to both the BCM and to the early production shock sensor at all times from the CTSY fuse #3, through CKT 149 (BLU/WHT). Power is supplied to the security LED from the BCM through CKT 1376 (DK GRN). Power ground for the BCM and the security LED is provided at ground G202 through CKT 150 (BLK). Logic ground for the BCM and ground for the shock sensor is provided through CKT 150 (BLK) to ground G200. Ground is provided to the following components by the BCM when the shock sensor has been triggered or arming mode has been set:

* Horn Relay, CKT 28 (BLK)

* Headlamp Control Module, CKT 624 (WHT/BLK)

When a tamper with the early production shock sensor or an intrusion into the vehicle has occurred, the shock sensor sends a signal to the BCM through CKT 263 (LT BLU), which will sound the alarm according to the customer settings. When a shock to the vehicle is detected, the sensor sends a signal to the BCM through CKT 1828 (LT GRN). This also will sound the alarm according to the customer settings.

contenttheftdeterrent.gif

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yeah, it sounds like a door switch problem to me.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I agree with Jim; I was thinking the first thing I would try is go around and close/slam all 4 doors and the rear hatch and make sure it's not something simple.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 8 months later...

Archived