CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

LOW RANGE ??????????????????

franey

Has anyone encountered the Phrase, LOW RANGE , on their DIC, in a 96 SLS. Or any CADDY for that matter. This came up on mine this evening when I was checking the engine temp. Never seen it before, and can not find out what it is all about. Need help fast starting 2000 mile road trip this FRIDAY. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you low on gas?

EDIT: I'll go see if I can find something in my 1995 FSM.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

"It means that the PCM has calculated that with your current average MPG, you have a range of less than 40 miles before you run out of gas. Once it's drops below 40mpg, it display that message. If you turn off the Analog part of the dash, it will then display "Check Fuel Gage" since your fuel gauge is also analog."

This is someone else's reply from another forum. Makes sense I guess. Have a safe trip! :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

This is from the 96 owners manual

post-2998-1213681052_thumb.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

If this was the display for range, or miles to empty, that means that the tank is too near empty to make an accurate estimate, other than you are just about empty.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If this was the display for range, or miles to empty, that means that the tank is too near empty to make an accurate estimate, other than you are just about empty.

wow, your prob. looks like a person or persons, that pays money gladly to post here has helped in solving your prob. ... so, have a safe trip ...

and, you have what ??? 250 post here ???

why don't you think about stepping up here and becoming a supporter ...

Jesus ... what are we talking here ???

$20.00 U.S. , to become a supporter/one of us ???

................................................................................

and sorry guys, and if you a member of the grammar/spelling police ...

then, it would not be, helpful for you to read my post, because they will

only get on your nerves, because i don't use caps. because of net et. ...

and if so such, bugs you, then i would suggest, that you avoid reading any post of mine ...

sorry, i could go on ... but i thinks, i needs me some chockolet kandy ..

oops my bad, for i am a gump ...

................................................................................

and, as an aside ... the last one was for me ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but, this one, is for you Bruce... thanks dawg ...

man up slackers and i will say it, once more, some of you guys make my head hurt ...

and you need to man/step up ... jeez. $20.00 U.S. ...

DanaF stepped up, as he said he would and now i consider him an et al ...

so, man up here slackers ...

I'm not really sure we need to be pressuring people to be site supporters here. I'm a site supporter of this site. I'm on a number of forums where I'm not a site supporter. You can't give $20, $30, $40 everytime you get help from an Internet website. There's only so much money to go around. We give a lot of money to our church, but don't give any to homeless we see, or "walk up charities" sitting at the local Wal-Mart doors. You can't give to everyone, and I'd probably take offense if someone called me a slacker simply because I didn't exercise my OPTION to make a contribution to a site, or to give a 5 to the guy in a wheelchair on the side of the road with a "God Bless" sign. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but a monetary contribution is not required to be a member of this site. Bruce appreciates all the money he receives to keep the site running, and as a fellow site supporter, I appreciate your donation and that of every other site supporter. But I'd ask that we collectively draw the line at name-calling to folks who don't choose to give in this fashion. It has been a personal choice, and I hope that it remains one, without the fear of retaliation from members who don't agree with the choice that was made.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I agree with Jason... youre a little much with the "step up" routine.

I agree money rules all, but dont forget what makes this site so great. Its not the bandwidth, its not the graphics, its the collective knowledge of all of the members here who take so much time to help others out. There are plenty of people here who should earn a salary for supporting this website.

Thank you for supporting the website, but thats not all the help we need.

Jonah

I agree money rules all, but dont forget what makes this site so great. Its not the bandwidth, its not the graphics, its the collective knowledge of all of the members here who take so much time to help others out. There are plenty of people here who should earn a salary for supporting this website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no problem, and i thank you for your imput ...

and i'm out of here ...

and, i can be found, by anyone that cares to find me ...

thank Bruce !!!

and, i wish you the best, as well as, my favorite folks here ...

and, i found it most interesting, that many of them somehow had something, to do with being

aero. mech./fly guys ...

and at least one of them was taught/instructed by a WWII plane mechs. ...

in the love of, you can fix-it yourself ...

like i was taugh by a WWII areo. Mech. ...

thanks BBF... you are the man ...

and i'm out ... i hope, to see y'all in the great blue skys, guys ...

and Tex, don't think, that i think that you too rock bigtime ...

and i hope, that you guys have a great meet and greet

together in Tejas (for i am green with envy, for wishes of being included )...

and if you guys, ever get to S.C. ... look me up and i'll hook you up ...

i'm out ... Fred Gump ...

catmandone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no problem, and i thank you for your imput ...

and i'm out of here ...

and, i can be found, by anyone that cares to find me ...

thank Bruce !!!

and, i wish you the best, as well as, my favorite folks here ...

and, i found it most interesting, that many of them somehow had something, to do with being

aero. mech./fly guys ...

and at least one of them was taught/instructed by a WWII plane mechs. ...

in the love of, you can fix-it yourself ...

like i was taugh by a WWII areo. Mech. ...

thanks BBF... you are the man ...

and i'm out ... i hope, to see y'all in the great blue skys, guys ...

and Tex, don't think, that i think that you too rock bigtime ...

and i hope, that you guys have a great meet and greet

together in Tejas (for i am green with envy, for wishes of being included )...

and if you guys, ever get to S.C. ... look me up and i'll hook you up ...

i'm out ... Fred Gump ...

catmandone

Lane, you know I am sorry to see this. I know that you have meant well all along and your exuberance has lead you to some recent 'tangles'. We have interacted quite a bit during your short time here.

One of MY faults here at times is feeling an ownership of the board, it comes from pride, longevity and a desire for order. At times I seriously overstep my roll/boundary here and I know that Bruce is banging his head on his keyboard someplace. Its those times that I feel embarrassed and feel the need to withdraw and cool down. The tone of this board it quite laid back, and it kind of takes on the persona of Bruce, a gentleman who always conducts himself as one. THAT is why I become embarrassed when I act poorly because it reflects poorly on the board and Bruce. Yes I am exuberant and passionate also and that can get in the way.

Keep in mind that you have 100 posts, and its very difficult for you to be exuberant with members that have thousands of posts or who are long term members. I think you can understand why long term members would take exception to brand new members. I have advised that new members lay back, observe, and take in the flow of the board and learn the cast of characters, and post strong advice or information for a while to establish themselves. We pretty much have mutual respect for each other here. In that brake pad thread, Jason and I had disagreed about OEM pads, and its OK, he has his experience and I have mine. I love KHE and have great respect for him, and he and I have disagreed on turning rotors. It takes a long time to build credibility and we each have our own areas of expertise. I continually defer to members who have direct experience.

I know you enjoy coming here. My advice is to let this rest a couple of days and you will feel better. I also advise that you consider downloading a spell checker, as you can see Warren called you on your spelling. I have let that go, but I must say that it has crossed my mind over the last couple of weeks to create a thread in the 19th hole recommending that we spell check our posts before hitting ADD POST. Its not just YOU that are guilty of this, many of us are. I spell check most of my posts with a program called IESPELL it is a spell checker for Internet Explorer and sits at the top of IE waiting to be used, I love it. Incorrect spelling takes away from a posters credibility, I have been called on it a few times for the way I spell dielectric grease. Its just good practice to make sure that your posts don't contain spelling errors. Again this is not criticism of you, its advice, I myself use IESPELL every time I post. If you like you can download it here >> <a href="http://www.iespell.com/download.php" target="_blank">http://www.iespell.com/download.php</a>

I hope that you re-think this as I know you enjoy tinkering with your car.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

are you a ripper/pirate too ???

as in, stealing music ???

you ain't, a supporter and you want my 30+years experience

dream on ...

All Cadillac enthusiasts are welcome here, and as others have pointed out we all benefit from diverse input. The community is stronger with a wide range of shared input

and experience.

I certainly appreciate our Caddyinfo Supporters, as they make the site available. I am always glad to see new Supporters,

because people do come and go as they trade cars, find other interests, etc. However, I don't ever want anyone to feel that they

can't participate or receive benefit from Caddyinfo because they are not a supporter!! We have been at this for a number

of years (over 10 now), and have always been a free for all but contributions appreciated site.

If we do end up in a situation where my share of the expenses to keep the lights on is excessive I'll speak up. Otherwise

please know that I appreciate our Supporters for their monetary contributions, and I appreciate all of our Members for

their participation.

If anything, what we need is more Members.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce:

It's pleasant to hear you you reiterate a balanced and sensible attitude of the sort that has made this board such a pleasure for so many of us for so long. Thanks!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived