CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oil Feed Pipe O-rings?

No help for my last post, so I'll try this one. I think the o-ring(s)/seals used for the oil-fliter pipe feeding the adapter are a cause for another leak I need to fix. Apparently this is a common problem on this engine. My local ACDelco parts house doesn't have it/them and says it's a dealer-only item. This is going to be a problem! Does anyone know if these are 'different' than regular o-rings? I've got plenty of regulars. Also, are there any gaskets involved? I don't want to tear into this without having the correct replacements on-hand. This car needs to be available. Thanks for any help offered.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Just in case someone other than me still reads this forum: cleaned the engine and discovered the leak is not coming from the oil-filter adapter or the timing cover. It is coming from the rear-main seal area. Hopefully it is 'only' that and not a block-crack at the cam-boss. That area can not be seen until the transaxle is out of the way. I don't know of any repair for a crack in an Aluminum block......

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Archived