CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ETC back in my life??

Hey guys, long time no post!! I have always been searching for a replacement for the long lost "Goose" and think I may have finally found her. :yupi3ti: Will go for a test drive tonight. It's a 93 ETC that has 155K on it, but had a new GM installed N* put in it at 85k. Only imediate concerns are that it needs rear struts (front were installed a couple years ago) and the ABS isn't working properly. Wish me luck!

Here is a so-so picture that was in the add...

post-190-1204815609_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Here is another of the interior. Looks real clean!

post-190-1204816064_thumb.jpg

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Very nice looking Eldorado. Body looks to be in excellent shape and a nice red color. If you buy it I would suggest buying some stock chrome wheels and you'll be set. Don't forget to scrutinize the interior.

Hey guys, long time no post!! I have always been searching for a replacement for the long lost "Goose" and think I may have finally found her. :yupi3ti: Will go for a test drive tonight. It's a 93 ETC that has 155K on it, but had a new GM installed N* put in it at 85k. Only imediate concerns are that it needs rear struts (front were installed a couple years ago) and the ABS isn't working properly. Wish me luck!

Now that looks to be in excellent condition. Very nice. That's the same interior I have in my Eldorado. How do the back seats look?

Now that looks to be in excellent condition. Very nice. That's the same interior I have in my Eldorado. How do the back seats look?

They look very nice as well. 2nd owner, and has owned it since '98, and sounds like he took very good care of it... It has the Z rated performance package also so she'll be fast! :fighting0030:

post-190-1204818495_thumb.jpg

Hey Spruce, glad you are coming back to the group... Good Luck with your purchase, it looks like a beauty. Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Oh boy... So much for that one! Don't you hate it when people lead you on over the phone and when you get there you'd like to ask "Where is the car you where talking about?"

This guy totally had me convinced it was a ultra clean smooth running Eldo, and that was far from the truth. From a distance it looked pretty good, but up close it was full of nicks dents and small rust patches. It ran horrible, as if it was limping on 6 cylinders. When I took it for a 20 minute drive the engine temp never got over 140 F! I think the thermostat must have been stuck open. There were 4 active codes on the front suspension and the ABS system as well as a half dozen history codes. When I told him there was no way he'd get the $2,700 for it in this condition he pretty much ushered me out of the garage. I never dealt with anyone so stubborn and cold as he was. He seemed bitter about something fromt he moment I arrived. Oh well, I guess I am glad to just leave that one alone..

Better shopping days ahead I'm sure!

PS: Thanks for the welcome back guys! I am excited to become a Caddy owner again so I'm sure my time will come soon!

Believe me, I know something about the "long search."

I'm disappointed for you, especially in view of your excitement at having thought you found "the one." Don't give up. The one you are looking for is out there somewhere.

Patience is a virtue,

Have it if you can.

It's seldom found in woman,

And never in a man.

Well, almost never . . . . Keep looking!!!! Don't give up. Patience paid off for me although it took over a year to find "the one." To echo your sentiment: :yupi3ti:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Oh boy... So much for that one! Don't you hate it when people lead you on over the phone and when you get there you'd like to ask "Where is the car you where talking about?"

This guy totally had me convinced it was a ultra clean smooth running Eldo, and that was far from the truth. From a distance it looked pretty good, but up close it was full of nicks dents and small rust patches. It ran horrible, as if it was limping on 6 cylinders. When I took it for a 20 minute drive the engine temp never got over 140 F! I think the thermostat must have been stuck open. There were 4 active codes on the front suspension and the ABS system as well as a half dozen history codes. When I told him there was no way he'd get the $2,700 for it in this condition he pretty much ushered me out of the garage. I never dealt with anyone so stubborn and cold as he was. He seemed bitter about something fromt he moment I arrived. Oh well, I guess I am glad to just leave that one alone..

Better shopping days ahead I'm sure!

PS: Thanks for the welcome back guys! I am excited to become a Caddy owner again so I'm sure my time will come soon!

Looks can be deceiving. :rolleyes: You'll find the right one.

as an fyi all ETCs from 93-95 were Z rated

in 96+ it was an option

and Z rated has nothing to do with performance, only the limiter in which the car has programmed in

that said shes purrrdy

I was not aware of this! I was going by some info I saw on this particular site for '93 Eldorado options available...

(removed link due to potential problems!)

YP5 Touring Coupe Opt. $5,000

YP7 Sport Appearance Pkg. $875

V4Z Sport Performance Pkg. $3,000

Security Pkg. $480

Accent Striping $75

Heated Front Seats $120

Astroroof $1,550

Heated Windshield $309

Leather Seating $650

Pwr Lumbar Support $292

Auto Day/Night Mirror $110

Firemist Paint $240

Gold/White Diamond Paint $240

Delco-Bose Sound Syst. w/CD & Cassette $972

P225/60R16 WSW Tires $76

Chrome wheels $1,195.

as an fyi all ETCs from 93-95 were Z rated

in 96+ it was an option

and Z rated has nothing to do with performance, only the limiter in which the car has programmed in

that said shes purrrdy

I was not aware of this! I was going by some info I saw on this particular site for '93 Eldorado options available...

http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1990/cad93e.htm

YP5 Touring Coupe Opt. $5,000

YP7 Sport Appearance Pkg. $875

V4Z Sport Performance Pkg. $3,000

Security Pkg. $480

Accent Striping $75

Heated Front Seats $120

Astroroof $1,550

Heated Windshield $309

Leather Seating $650

Pwr Lumbar Support $292

Auto Day/Night Mirror $110

Firemist Paint $240

Gold/White Diamond Paint $240

Delco-Bose Sound Syst. w/CD & Cassette $972

P225/60R16 WSW Tires $76

Chrome wheels $1,195.

When I clicked on the link you provided I met up with a virus. I aborted the connection so I'm safe. But anyone that doesn't have virus software should not click on the link.

When I clicked on the link you provided I met up with a virus. I aborted the connection so I'm safe. But anyone that doesn't have virus software should not click on the link.

What? That is strange... I just clicked on it again and saw nothing but the 93 Eldo info I had seen previously. I'll edit my post and remove the link just to be safe.

If I am not mistaken, the STS comes in a standard and then there is a Z package, I think that is what you highlighted above.

What is the difference between the standard STS and the STS with the Z package, does anyone know?

If there is a difference, you see, this is where GM drops the ball, the STS with the Z package should be badged something different

STSi

STSz

STS+

STSs

STSv my personal favorite

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

What? That is strange... I just clicked on it again and saw nothing but the 93 Eldo info I had seen previously. I'll edit my post and remove the link just to be safe.

I tried your link for the second time and again Avast anti-virus detected a virus. I don't know if it's due to the server my ISP happens to be using or perhaps it's a false alarm, but Avast is detecting a virus.

I tried your link for a second time and again Avast anti-virus detected a virus. I don't know if it's due to the server my ISP happens to be using or perhaps it's a false alarm, but Avast is detecting a virus.

If I am not mistaken, the STS comes in a standard and then there is a Z package, I think that is what you highlighted above.

What is the difference between the standard STS and the STS with the Z package, does anyone know?

If there is a difference, you see, this is where GM drops the ball, the STS with the Z package should be badged something different

STSi

STSz

STS+

STSs

STSv my personal favorite

I agee Mike. I like the idea of different badging for special series of options. Especially if you are buying the vehicle new and are shelling out lets say an extra $3K, I would want to have something to show for it! Unless your desire is to go for the stealth mode to be able to take others by surprise at the stoplight I guess! :ph34r:

There's no difference between a standard STS and one with the "Z package" besides the tires (and top speed limiter). It's not really even a "package"...it was simply a check box for non-standard tires. It didn't get you anything different from a regular car except for the tires and lack of limiter. That matters to some people, and it doesn't to others.

The price difference was less than $500 I'd say. It was simply a swap from H-rated tires to Z-rated tires, which is what the earlier STS and ETC models came with standard anyway. The ride was harsh, so Cadillac went to H-rated tires as stock for these cars, and left the Z-rated tires optional.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived