CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

COLD AIR INTAKE PROBLEM

hey,i would appreciate if someone helped me out with this,i just put a cold air intake on my 2002 cadillac sts yesterday,its been driving fine,a few moments ago i was driving,i stepped on the gas all the way in and the service engine soon light came on,anyone know what it can be and does it have to do with the cold air intake i put on yesterday? thanx for looking :(

Pull the DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and see what turned on the SES light. Then we can help you. It might be self inflicted.

If you follow your OEM air intake, you will see that it draws air from behind the head light (already CAI). Not sure what you installed, but it is likely drawing hot under hood air.

Also, you may have noticed that the PCM is directly under the OEM air filter box. It was designed that way to cool the PCM with intake air.

Lastly, this has been discussed many times. If you do a search you will find that the OEM air filter was designed to pass all the air that the Northstar can ingest at WOT, so you are not accomplishing anything, except probably passing more dirt through the CAI filter. If it was an oiled filter, too much oil can get past the filter and foul the MAF sensor (which will set a DTC).

Archived