CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New member here.

Picked up my 2008 CTS on January 10.

I ordered it on Nov 29th.

I had shopped the usual suspects I suppose.

Infiniti G35, BMW3 series, Mercedes C300/350 and the Lexus ES 350.

The CTS was the one after the first drive.

Then it was a bunch of comparo drives with FE1.......VVT engine......FE3......etc that was greatly hampered by dealer shortages of product.

But after several test drives I decided that while all three suspensions and both engines had desireablity, an FE2 with the dI engine and Auto was perfect for me.

I picked Radiant Bronze because the dealer had one and I liked the color. I tend toward the uncommon.

Unfortunately the dealer did not have anything that was loaded and i wanted everything except AWD.

I will be reading the posts of the last few months to familiarize myself with the forum.

I take it there is no special forum for gen 2 CTS owners.....

Hope to learn a lot here.

Southern

:welcomesmiley: Grats on the new CTS.

The FE2/Auto sounds like a good combo for a lot of people. I am interested to see some specific tests on how the FE2 does vs the FE3 suspension, but likely we will not see any actual back to back comparisons.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I found the FE3 to be a good suspension. It was not just a "throw an impossibly hard set of shocks on it and let it go.......".

It actually had compliance. Not as much compliance as the FE2,but compliance none the less.

One could live with the FE3 IMO.

However,having said that, I am from Florida and we have good roads.

If I was in NJ?????

The one thing that made up my mind was testing the FE3 (and the 1&2) on a concrete highway with expansion strips.

The FE1, although bobbing around a bit, was OK, the +FE2 was the best, you basically heard them but didn't feel them very much and there was just one small "pitch" at each one, and the FE3 road very hard over the strips.

But then again, I am just an average every day street driver.

I'm sure that if a car mag tests the 2 vs the 3, they will take the cars to the track and announce that the Fe3 is the best and almost as good as a BMW..........;)

Archived