CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Chip on Ebay...Extraordinary claims!!!

chullend

This is playing to the price of gas, like magnets on the fuel line, the Tornado, etc. I don't see a single buyer other than the purchaser that said AS EXPECTED, NO PROBLEMS HERE (which sounds like a PLANT). This is such a low price that it probably is not worth pursuing for most purchasers that get a chip with 5 wires hanging out of it. Be careful

I also have to laugh at this

2in1 PERFORMANCE CHIP CADILLAC DEVILLE 1990-2005 2004

2in1 PERFORMANCE CHIP CADILLAC ELDORADO 1990-2002 2001

No chip for SEVILLE? UMMM.... its the same as the ELDO.... WTF? NO mention of VIN 9 vs Y

OBD1 vs OBD2 all the same?

Some Cadillac chip purchaser feedback, I don't see one statement that states it works.

instructions for my cadillac were not very helpful at all

good transaction...have not installed the item yet

received chip A+++ We can't figure out how to use. Will be in touch with you

AS EXPECTED, NO PROBLEMS HERE

just a wire

Must cut wires to splice into system with SRX that was not originally mentioned

got what i wanted

graet seller and item fast shiping A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GOT IT QUICK, BUT NO DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL ON 5 WIRE SET UP

fast shipping appreciated

Fast Deliverty

looks good. i haven't had time to put it in looks good.

Here is an ominous statement >>>> Ratings mutually withdrawn: 79

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

HAHA! What a joke!

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Well, at least it's cheaper than the Tornado. :rolleyes:

:lol:

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

This is just one more ebay spin on the old Intake Air Sensor "trick". All you get for $10 is a resistor, one that can be purchased at Radio Shack for less than 10cents. 10,000% markup is a good profit margin. :D

All this does is wire into the IAT circuit. The IAT sensor reports to the computer, and the air temp value is used in PCM calculations to determine things like ignition timing and fuel injector pulsewidth (how much fuel is injected). Where the vehicle operates on the timing map table is partially influenced upon IAT, including many other parameters. This "chip" you are buying, is just a resistor that tricks the PCM into thinking that it is ALWAYS cold outside. This skews the PCM more towards a portion of the timing map that has more timing advance (i.e. more power), and to run a little leaner (i.e better fuel economy & power) for less emissions during cold starts.

In theory, the chip should work. However, realistic gains are likely more like this:

up to MAYBE 1 hp

undetectable change in fuel economy

The bottom line is it is a scam. Similar ebay scams have been around for years. Also, this PCM "tuning" is totally uncontrolled. You are not truly tuning each cell of the timing/advance/rpm map for maximum performance, or adjusting air:fuel ratios in a controllable manner. It just kind of blindly skews everything to be slightly more lean, slightly more timing, and hopes to achieve better performance.

The bottom line is don't waste your time with this joke! Go get a K&N air filter or something else outrageously priced that will actually make SOME difference.

I'm not really a big fan of K&N either. It's been proven that it does allow more dirt to flow to the engine. Yes it does what it says by providing more air, but think about it, more air means something has to be open further to get more air in and that just seems like it would allow more dirt particles. I had them in two of my vehicles when I bought them and my oil was constantly dirty. I thought maybe they needed reoiling, but I cleaned them and reoiled them exactly as directed and nothing ever helped. Read about them somewhere one day and threw them both away and got AC delco filters. Didn't notice any less power and my oil was clean as a whistle. As I always say, GM spent billions of dollars making these vehicles as efficient and powerful as they could be so try to keep them stock.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I'm not really a big fan of K&N either. It's been proven that it does allow more dirt to flow to the engine. Yes it does what it says by providing more air, but think about it, more air means something has to be open further to get more air in and that just seems like it would allow more dirt particles. I had them in two of my vehicles when I bought them and my oil was constantly dirty. I thought maybe they needed reoiling, but I cleaned them and reoiled them exactly as directed and nothing ever helped. Read about them somewhere one day and threw them both away and got AC delco filters. Didn't notice any less power and my oil was clean as a whistle. As I always say, GM spent billions of dollars making these vehicles as efficient and powerful as they could be so try to keep them stock.

I am curious, how did you determine your oil was dirty? This is interesting. We have a little history here discussing the K&N

I didn't actually test it, but by the looks of it. Consistently with the K&N it was a very dark almost black, non-transparent color and as soon as I replaced the filter with the AC Delco it was a clearish brownish color like it should be. This was not on my Cadillac, it was on my 01 suburban that I used to have. I'm just really scared of those things.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Snake oil in solid form.

Would that be like snake poop? ;)

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Hmmm...eBay...Really has gone downhill the last couple of years. Lots of snake oil stores.

He claims 7000 + feedbacks, but if you go look the story is a little different..

"it was not a chip just a resister and it was crap ganzabreau ( 2 ) Jan-22-08 10:26

PERFORMANCE CHIP >> HONDA CIVIC 1990-2008 2007 2006 05 (#360007144989)"

But people continue to leave + feedback for bad deals...go figure.

I suppose they figure that it was cheap enough to not upset them enough. I haven't looked, but I bet most of them say fast shipping. Also, most people won't even know what a resistor is and think it's the coolest thing in the world or they will throw it aside and forget about it.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Psst . . . this is TOP SECRET . . . so don't tell anyone, okay?

Placing an Ionized Q-Ray bracelet around the neck of your throttle body adds up to 17 hp. REALLY!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Placing an Ionized Q-Ray bracelet around the neck of your throttle body adds up to 17 hp. REALLY!

Regards,

Warren

So, would that be a bolt on or a slip on upgrade?

Warren - I would like to buy one of these Q-ray bracelets from you right away. I am always looking for more power on my car! Please give me your address, and I will immediately forward a money order to you. The only thing is, my money order will be for $1,560,222 (THE SUM OF ONE MILLION FIVE-HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO DOLLARS US). I was fortunate to have inherited this generous sum from my uncle, the great music artist Johnny Cash, who passed away recently, and left me this inheritance. I will sign over the money order to your name, and upon receipt, you can keep HALF in due considereation of this MAGIC "Q-ray" bracelet guaranteed to provide my SLS with 17 more horse powers. I will need you to deposit the remaining half into my paypal account, which information I will provide to you at that time. Please contact me regarding this urgent message by Caddyinfo.com PM.

Thank you.

Regards,

Warren

So, would that be a bolt on or a slip on upgrade?

Actually, you can Duct Tape it to the underside of your hood; it will have nearly the exact same effect. PROMISE!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Warren - I would like to buy one of these Q-ray bracelets from you right away. I am always looking for more power on my car! Please give me your address, and I will immediately forward a money order to you. The only thing is, my money order will be for $1,560,222 (THE SUM OF ONE MILLION FIVE-HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO DOLLARS US). I was fortunate to have inherited this generous sum from my uncle, the great music artist Johnny Cash, who passed away recently, and left me this inheritance. I will sign over the money order to your name, and upon receipt, you can keep HALF in due considereation of this MAGIC "Q-ray" bracelet guaranteed to provide my SLS with 17 more horse powers. I will need you to deposit the remaining half into my paypal account, which information I will provide to you at that time. Please contact me regarding this urgent message by Caddyinfo.com PM.

Had it not been for your excellent spelling and grammar I might have taken your reply to be a "Nigerian Scam." However you are obviously a sincere person and I'd like to take you up on your offer.

Alas however, there is a difficulty. You see I don't have that much cash at hand presently. But wait! I do have something you might be interested in. You see, I have about $900,000 worth of gem quality diamonds "under my mattress," so to speak. I've had some difficulty fencing negotiating a suitable transfer of these gems in my area. Perhaps, some distance from here, their transfer could take place in a more amiable fashion. I would like you, such an admirable person, to be the beneficiary of this once-in-a-lifetime deal.

Meet me at the 'Beer Barn' at 1280 E. Parker Road, Plano, TX at 4:00pm on Wednesday 1/30/08. Please don't be late. If you're not there on time, I'll be meeting another "client" in a different location at 5:00pm. Don't miss out on this, please.

In order that I might easily recognize you, please email me a full body photo of yourself holding a placard with the word "jcobz28" and under that the word "huh?." Also wear one brown shoe and one black one when we meet. Additionally, wear as much yellow clothing as possible and have a lollipop in your mouth.

Are you familiar with "Scambaiters?" They are folk who take merciless delight in turning the tables on Nigerian Scammers (whom they call Lads or Ladies). They traipse them all over the African continent in search of nonexistent riches and require them to email ridiculous photos of themselves to the scambaiter. It's friggin' hilarious what they do to the poor ignorant dumbass scammers, but hey, scammers deserve it. It's simply amazing how they can string the scammers along for days, weeks, or even months. One 'baiter even has a recording of a scammer (on the phone) reduced to tears. You might even feel sorry for the scammer!

You can read some of the Scambaiter's exploits at http://www.419eater.com .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I might be interested in a career as a scambaiter.

Except that so far, I am failing to see how the revenue stream (to me) would operate.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I might be interested in a career as a scambaiter.

Except that so far, I am failing to see how the revenue stream (to me) would operate.

Well, profiting from scambaiting is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN on that site. They do it for fun and additionally claim they are protecting unsuspecting victims by wasting the time and resources of the would-be scammers.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Heres something to laugh at...visit

What do the experts here have to say?

This is a typical torque management launch out put % @ WOT.

03DHS.jpg

This is one of my tunes.

Fierosnapshot.jpg

If the PCM program is set to this it will not go any more!

11.jpg

So how can this happen?

22.jpg

12.58 second Northstar with a GM/Cadillac PCM

Cadillac Technician @ Crest Cadillac Brookfield WI

Hometown Washougal WA

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Extraordinary!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

You know...if these people put half as much time into their scams as they did into working at real job they may actually become successful! :lol:

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Archived