CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code Help

rudyray

I would check the front 4 which is really easy....if that's not the issue then the fouled sparkplug is one of the back 4 and from there I would call my mechanic to: 1. verify the code is valid and 2. perform necesary R&R of sparkplug. You also should do some further research to discover why it became fouled up...the life of a stock sparkplug is generally 100K+miles (HIGHER than that probably!). I only replaced mine beause I was at 130K and thought they were due for changing (all 8 of them were actually fine when they were pulled). I would personally rather have a good buddy or a mechanic do the back 4...faster and more efficient (less than an hour) than me taking all Saturday at a snail's pace.

I am getting a PCM P0300 code which is a misfire which means one of my spark plugs is fouled. Is there a way to find out which spark plug is misfiring without going to the dealership?

Also don't forget...if you wind up replacing 1, replace them all...

The back 4 are not hard to do. Much easier than the 4.9 or the 3800. That said, don't rule out the wires, especially if you have recently had the fuel rail recall done. Do a search for my post "Stutter, Engine or Trans".

The back 4 are not hard to do. Much easier than the 4.9 or the 3800. That said, don't rule out the wires, especially if you have recently had the fuel rail recall done. Do a search for my post "Stutter, Engine or Trans".

I think the 3800 was easier than the northstar :o ....it was easier to rotate the engine in my Grand Prix for the back 3 and I didn't have anything in my way to remove when I rotated the engine (even with the supercharger) unlike the issue I ran into with my eldo...

When I did my wifes 3800 my arms looked like a road map. Absolutely no room back there. The Northstar was a piece of cake for me.

How about the next time spark plugs are do for changing I'll do your wife's 3800 and you can do my northstar! LOL

When I did my wifes 3800 my arms looked like a road map. Absolutely no room back there. The Northstar was a piece of cake for me.

How about the next time spark plugs are do for changing I'll do your wife's 3800 and you can do my northstar! LOL

:D :D :D Such a deal!!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived