CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

READ ME BEFORE YOU POST

Here are some helpful guidelines to consider:

a) Please make sure that you have your Cadillac type, year, and engine filled in for your profile. If you don't, please be sure to specify in your post which Cadillac you need help with by model and year, and which engine it has.

B) Make the title of your post as clearly related to the problem you are having as possible. Some readers have a lot of experience with A/C for example, so if you post with a subject like "A/C low refrigerant -- what do I do?" they are more likely to respond than if you post with a subject like "Hot Time in Town tonight"

c) Please try to be as detailed as possible in your question. Describe as best you can what symptoms you have seen, what tests you have run, exactly what the mechanic said, etc. Sometimes it also helps if you describe what your mechanical level of experience is as well, so that responders know what type of diagnostics or repairs you are likely to be able to do, and what you need to tell your mechanic.

d) For Cadillac with onboard diagnostics, which includes all the Sevilles, Devilles, SLS, STS, DTS, and 03 CTS, please check and post the diagnostic codes shown. You can learn how to check your onboard diagnostics here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Check your codes in the Cadillac, then post them here. There are also lists in the HowTo of what different codes mean, but if you post them you often will get helpful diagnostics and advice in response.

e) Please remember the terms of usage for CaddyInfo.com, which are found here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/terms.htm

f) Although I and others try to respond to posts quickly and completely, please be patient. I know it is frustrating when your Cadillac is broken, but by being clear and polite you are more likely to get help than by impatience.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 3 years later...

• 6 years later...
On 9/29/2007 at 5:08 PM, Bruce Nunnally said:

Here are some helpful guidelines to consider:

a) Please make sure that you have your Cadillac type, year, and engine filled in for your profile. If you don't, please be sure to specify in your post which Cadillac you need help with by model and year, and which engine it has.

B) Make the title of your post as clearly related to the problem you are having as possible. Some readers have a lot of experience with A/C for example, so if you post with a subject like "A/C low refrigerant -- what do I do?" they are more likely to respond than if you post with a subject like "Hot Time in Town tonight"

c) Please try to be as detailed as possible in your question. Describe as best you can what symptoms you have seen, what tests you have run, exactly what the mechanic said, etc. Sometimes it also helps if you describe what your mechanical level of experience is as well, so that responders know what type of diagnostics or repairs you are likely to be able to do, and what you need to tell your mechanic.

d) For Cadillac with onboard diagnostics, which includes all the Sevilles, Devilles, SLS, STS, DTS, and 03 CTS, please check and post the diagnostic codes shown. You can learn how to check your onboard diagnostics here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Check your codes in the Cadillac, then post them here. There are also lists in the HowTo of what different codes mean, but if you post them you often will get helpful diagnostics and advice in response.

e) Please remember the terms of usage for CaddyInfo.com, which are found here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/terms.htm

f) Although I and others try to respond to posts quickly and completely, please be patient. I know it is frustrating when your Cadillac is broken, but by being clear and polite you are more likely to get help than by impatience.

My Cadillac is a 1982 coupe Deville, how would I get my codes for my car? does my car have this feature being it's an older model?

• 3 years later...