CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fog Lights on 1993 Seville

Marcus815

Hey Guys,

I've noticed on two of these older Seville's at the Junk yards that they have fog lights on the front bumper. I've always thought my car would look nicer (and be safer in fog) If I had a set. My question is how hard would it be to remove the one's from the Seville at the Junk yard and install them on my car? My car is almost identical to the two Seville's at the junk yard except I do not have the button on the left hand side of the dash for fog lights. I'm assuming I'd have to remove that from the car at the yard as well and put it in place of the one I have now, and wire it in and such. Has anyone done this type of project?

Thanks,

Marcus

It might be simpler to convert the auxiliary running lights to fog lights.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting into this project tomorrow. I went to my regular yard today and the one Seville with fog lights was smashed and no good, so I'm going to this huge place tomorrow. It's a bit of a drive so I'm going early and giving myself about two hours to do this. I'd like to get this all done in one trip. Here's what I need to know, hopefully someone here has some knowledge of the wiring and bumper for a Seville STS

1. The STS front bumper for a '92-'97 will fit on a SLS from '92-'97, correct?

2. How do I remove the underneath part of the front bumper?

3. As far as the wiring goes, can I remove it from the Seville and install it in mine?

4. The fog light control piece on the dash, how do I remove that and put it in my car?

5. What Should I be looking at spending for the front underneath part of the bumper?

Thanks a ton guys!

I'm getting into this project tomorrow. I went to my regular yard today and the one Seville with fog lights was smashed and no good, so I'm going to this huge place tomorrow. It's a bit of a drive so I'm going early and giving myself about two hours to do this. I'd like to get this all done in one trip. Here's what I need to know, hopefully someone here has some knowledge of the wiring and bumper for a Seville STS

1. The STS front bumper for a '92-'97 will fit on a SLS from '92-'97, correct?

2. How do I remove the underneath part of the front bumper?

3. As far as the wiring goes, can I remove it from the Seville and install it in mine?

4. The fog light control piece on the dash, how do I remove that and put it in my car?

5. What Should I be looking at spending for the front underneath part of the bumper?

Thanks a ton guys!

Just my 2 cents.. on my 96 eldo.. i usually drive with the fogs but honestly i can't tell the fogs are on... the watts are very weak... i was thinking of going aftermarket for better light performance, ie hids not happy with the fogs at all...i don't know about the other models how much the fogs really help with safer driving..

Archived