CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Buick, Portholes, and the Cadillac Allard

72918413mb0.jpg

Interesting take on the history and politics of Buick: [sorry, removed as inactive]

Not sure that all of that is historically accurate or factual, but it is a nice opinion piece.

The article ends with an open statement; I am not sure if the author ran out of room on the system they are using, or what.

Cadillac Allards were Allard sports cars with Cadillac V8 Engines. The theory presented here that Buick first gained portholes as a reference to Cadillac Allards is fun. With portholes showing up on the new Cadillacs the cycle has come full circle I suppose.

Meanwhile, I am thrilled to see that the Allard company is back in production!

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

you can find them at http://www.allardj2x.com/index.php where they are shipping rolling chassis with your choice of powerplants for just under $100K.

Guess what one of the offered power plants is? yup, a RWD Northstar.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 years later...

I still lust after these - Cadillac Allard, now available with Cadillac Northstar engines.

http://www.classiccar.co.nz/news/7900/alla...at-la-auto-show

allard-j2x-mk-ii-fq1.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Clicking on the Buick link with the .ws domain got me a promotional video to buy web hosting from .ws and refer others for income. There were no links to skip it, and after 4:16 it just stopped, no Buick article.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived