CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac compliments

Was walking out to the parking lot with someone the other week and finished chatting as we each got into our cars.

The conversation paused as I reached my CTS and the person I was chatting with exclaimed "Wow, nice car!"

My all-time favorite though was when Wife/I and 2 other couples were out to dinner. All had valet parked.

The first couple 's Eldorado got pulled up, then our STS [then], and finally the 3rd couple's Mitsubishi.

The Wife in the 3rd couple exclaimed: "Why don't we have a nice car like everyone else?"

:lol:

What are your favorite compliments or comments you have gotten on your Cadillac?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Myself and 3 friends were going out to Wendy's at 2 in the morning and it was my turn to drive. All three of them are tall, over 6 feet. On our way there one of them sitting in the back exclaimed out loud "These seats are wicked comfortable" and the one next to him said something like "Yeah, and there's a lot of room too". Then the one in the front passenger seat said to the one sitting behind him "Oh really, there's that much room?" as he slide the seat back all the way to try and make it really tight. When the seat was back all the way he asked "How is it now?" and the one sitting behind him said "Plenty of room" and he stretched out his legs. You won't see that spacious kind of room in many cars these days.

When I found my oldest daughter her first Cadillac ('99 SLS), she bought it, but wasn't all that enthused about driving a "granny car" until some guy in a Mustang tried to ace her out on an on ramp and she nailed it. She immediately called me at work and said "Dad, I LOVE this car!", and the proceeded to tell me the story. :)

We took the Eldo to a wedding at a little B&B with very limited parking. THe valets were directing everybody to a small, unpaved road and lot ~500 yards up the hill, including my buddy's very nice twin turbo 300Z. When we pulled up, the valet "created" space for us right in front, next to the Benz and Range Rover. No dirt required!

Another valet once remarked how driving the Eldo was like driving his couch, and when I congradulated him on having a nice couch, he confessed that his couch wasn't quite that nice. :D

95 Eldo---Sold!

05 STS4-WooHoo!!!!!

I've gotten lots of compliments on my Cadillacs over the years. I'll relate two specific ones that I remember:

A few years ago, my wife and I were driving near downtown Los Angeles in our '89 Deville. We stopped at a red light to the left of a city bus. The bus driver reached his hand out the window and motioned for us to roll our window down. My wife complied. The bus driver called out, "Nice Cadillac! What year is it?" We thanked him for the compliment, told him it was an '89, the light changed, and we drove off.

Just after I bought my 2000 Deville, I was getting on the freeway. They were doing some maintenance work on the on-ramp and there was a flag man slowing the cars down as they came down the ramp. As I passed him going about 5 MPH, he called out, "Hey, man! Nice car!" I just smiled and waved as I went by.

Those are the compliments I really appreciate. They come at the most unexpected times from people who could just as well keep their appreciation to themselves, but they just want to let you know what they think.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Just out cruising enjoying the nice weather and pretty girls on campus when a couple that I had passed earlier walked in front of my car at a light. The guy made some remark about me showing off or something to that effect when his girlfriend looked at him and said "shut up I like that cadillac!" I had to laugh.

Howdy all,

Stopped at Sonic a few days ago to get hamburgers. I was pretty close to the order thingy / menu stand where you push the button and place your order.

As the car hop came up to the car, I hit the button that folds the rearview mirrors in to give her more room to hand the bags in thru the window.

She handed the bags to me and asked "How did you do that?" Before I could answer, she took a step back, looked the car over, and said "Oh, thats a new Cadillac... it can do anything." I thanked her and tipped her a little more than usual. :)

Also, like Terminus, went to a wedding a few weeks ago with valet parking. The Cadillac was put up front with a couple of Mecerdes and a Bentley. Other cars were parked almost a block away.

Posted Image

LOL I get comments about the Seville all the time, just yesterday a homeless guy selling newspapers in the middle of the street said Wow what a nice car...he didn't even ask for any money. Most people say it's a nice looking car and then when they get inside and see things like power headrests and power tilt-telescoping steering wheel they think it's a brand new car. I think it's kinda funny.

Archived