CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How Do You Make Your Tires Really Black ?

Subject line pretty much says it all.

I really don't like putting tire dressing on the tires, but I do like them to be REAL BLACK. When using tire dressing, Armor All etc etc ... sometimes it slings some off and it gets on the car. It dries like road tar and is very hard to remove. :rolleyes:

On the White Lightning paint and 18 inch chrome wheels, the blacker the tires are, the better it looks. At least "I" think so. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions are greatly appreiciated.

Posted Image

I like Wesleys Bleach-White (sp?), it's the best cleaner I've ever used on tires, but it still wont look as good as with dressing.

95 Eldo---Sold!

05 STS4-WooHoo!!!!!

It slings off and gets on the car???

Try using a little less. Or wipe off the excess before you drive, which I do...

If you armor all, spray it on a rag, and then wipe the tire... there shouldn't really be any excess to splatter off...

I have some Eagle One tire blacking stuff that feels oilier and heavier when applied, maybe try that... gets the tires really really black.

Thanks to all of you for your ideas. Will try them over the next few weeks / months and report back on what works best for me.

Again, thanks everybody.

Posted Image

Subject line pretty much says it all.

I really don't like putting tire dressing on the tires, but I do like them to be REAL BLACK. When using tire dressing, Armor All etc etc ... sometimes it slings some off and it gets on the car. It dries like road tar and is very hard to remove. :rolleyes:

On the White Lightning paint and 18 inch chrome wheels, the blacker the tires are, the better it looks. At least "I" think so. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions are greatly appreiciated.

I agree I have pearl white paint and 18" Armano wheels and it looks great with black tires and shiny chrome.

Archived