CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What is your most memorable experience with you Cadillac

Caddynut

Since there is a wide variety of Cadillac owners from long timers to newbies, I am sure there are a lot of stories about your Caddy that maybe we could share.

1992 Seville--I think the most memorable was picking it up the first time and driving it home from the dealership I bought it at. I was used to my old '85 Cimarron...SSSOOOO....I got a real kick of the smooth ride and all of the toys.

2001 Seville--I have only owned it 3 months, but just that first "real" detail job I have it and watching that White Diamond pop out in the sunlight....then going for a nice drive.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Sorry, no memorable moments.

The back seat of an Eldorado is just too small.

If you can afford a Caddy, you can afford a room.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My most memorable moment was forgetting which arm of a starburst parking lot I had left it in. I called OnStar and asked them where it was, and they said that it was still in the parking lot. This was before the took the noise out of GPS so they couldn't tell me which arm. But, they honked the horn and blinked the lights, and I went to where I thought that I had left the car and heard it honking, two starburst arms over. I got in, drove home, and called OnStar to the the system taken off the emergency mode (which disables the phone).

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

When I drove my 1996ESC off of the stealership lott and chirped the wheels at the intersection. Once parked I took sometime to grasps the magnitude of what I had just did. Exploring every inch of the car, more so after I brought it than before(duh). If there was something wrong it was too late but the Caddy God smiled on me and I knew I had a great vehicle.

IPB Image

My first drive in a Cad was when I was about 10 years old - and my father brought one home to drive for awhile from a used-car dealer that was his client.

It was a '64 or so - Sedan De Ville - and I learned where he kept the keys and drove it up and down the street for hours at night and while he took naps on Saturday.

I spent alot of time just exploring all the electric buttons and controls - this was the beginning of the sort of luxury accessories we now take for granted. And, the tilt/telescope steering wheel was my very favorite!

The experience was just owning my first (85 Eldo, triple red and looked brand new) First car I owned that didn't have a panel in primer. I just sat in the car wondering what I was doing there :unsure: (long hair,Scraggly beard) I tell ya I started dressing better and shaving :P

Joe

Every trip is a memorable experience.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

The experience was just owning my first (85 Eldo, triple red and looked brand new) First car I owned that didn't have a panel in primer. I just sat in the car wondering what I was doing there :unsure: (long hair,Scraggly beard) I tell ya I started dressing better and shaving :P

Joe

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

One of my first (of many) memorable moments in a Cadillac came in about 1993. I was in high school at the time and driving home in my father's 1984 Sedan Deville after playing a baseball game. I was on a 4 lane road (two lanes each direction) and I was in the right hand lane going about 30-35 mph approaching an intersection on a green light. As I got closer to the light, the traffic in the left hand lane stopped as someone was turning left. Right as I got to the light, the guy in the line next to me in the left lane decided he didn't want to be in that lane anymore and decided to merge into the side of my Dad's caddy. He was in a Volvo and as I braced for impact I was relieved to see he had merely bounced off the caddy. In the end, the caddy came away with just a few scratches and he went home with a crushed right side!

I was quite angry at the time, but very relieved that he bounced off and didn't cause serious bodily harm or damage to the car. My Dad always said, "That's why you are driving that car instead of something smaller or faster."

Interesting lesson, but definitely reinforced having a bigger car.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

The day my Allante died :(

The last thing the little information display said was

"Accident Detected Air Bag Deployed"

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

• 6 months later...

When i got my first caddy, a 1991 red deville... it was a week after i got my driver's license when i was 16. I had saved two grand over a 3 month period... I didnt want a Cadillac, at the time i thought they were old people cars (I have since come to my senses :D) but it was the only car i found in my price range that was in decent condition. I got behind the wheel, took it for a test drive... got to the interstate and opened her up. The comfort, the ride, at speeds of 70mph+... 's all i gotta say B)

Sorry, no memorable moments.

The back seat of an Eldorado is just too small.

Regards,

Warren

Hey where there is a will, there is a way.. and I am 6' 4 1/2" move those seats up. :lol: Hey if I buy your car, I betta check the back seat out.. Warren can I borrow your car New Years Eve? :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

looking up and realizing there were toeprints on the moonroof!! had to wipe em off before the girlfriend noticed..

Jeez, I thought my gf was the wosrt because she left footprints on the windshield... :angry:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Regards,

Warren

or a smaller woman... :D

Adallak, you constantly come up with practical solutions to complex problems! :lol:

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I'm not sure I want to hear adallak's plan for making ME smaller! :o

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Regards,

Warren

or a smaller woman... :D

Adallak, you constantly come up with practical solutions to complex problems! :lol:

necessity is the mother of invention... :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

This shows my age but my first encounter with a Cadillac was in 1955. My dad was a jeweler and right after the new Cadillacs came out in 1955, one of dad's diamond dealers parked his brand new white Fleetwood in front of my dad's store. He actually let me set in the seat for a few minutes. Heaven!!!. I kept a centerfold photo of this car on my bedroom wall for years afterward.

Ever since then I have loved the brand and to date I am on my seventh one (a 2001 Deville). The worst car was a 1985 Fleetwood (two engines, three or four transmissions, anything else that you can name at least two or three times). The best was a 1990 Fleetwood. I might add that the present one is the finest as far as comfort and features are concerned. Just hope it holds up over the long haul.

An early ambition was to own a bright red Cadillac and drive up and down mainstreet of my hometown in Colorado so everyone could see me. The problem is that when I finally achieved the dream, I was just another old fart that no one knew.

1973 Calais Coupe (great car)

1975 Deville Coupe (nice car, huge engine, 9 miles per gallon)

1979 Eldorado - bought new (nice car)

1985 Fleetwood - bought new (piece of crap)

1990 Fleetwood Sedan (great car)

1993 Seville (nice car)

2001 Deville (bright red, Crimson Pearl paint)

I bought my 1993 Black STS in 1995. Shortly after I was invited to a real "high society" wedding. It was a garden affair but they had valet parkers and it was with some trepidation that I turned my keys over to that "kid".

As I said, this was really a big time affair. There was minor royalty from Europe, a bunch of Hollywood types and they were driving Mercedes, BMW's, Caddys and Lincolns with a sprinkling of Rolls and Bentleys and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

When I was ready to leave, I handed my tag to the valet captain who handed it to that "kid" who looked at it and said, "Oh yes, that's the black STS!" He was so impressed with it after parking all those marques that I knew I could hang out with the best of them.

This shows my age but my first encounter with a Cadillac was in 1955. My dad was a jeweler and right after the new Cadillacs came out in 1955, one of dad's diamond dealers parked his brand new white Fleetwood in front of my dad's store. He actually let me set in the seat for a few minutes. Heaven!!!. I kept a centerfold photo of this car on my bedroom wall for years afterward.

Ever since then I have loved the brand and to date I am on my seventh one (a 2001 Deville). The worst car was a 1985 Fleetwood (two engines, three or four transmissions, anything else that you can name at least two or three times). The best was a 1990 Fleetwood. I might add that the present one is the finest as far as comfort and features are concerned. Just hope it holds up over the long haul.

An early ambition was to own a bright red Cadillac and drive up and down mainstreet of my hometown in Colorado so everyone could see me. The problem is that when I finally achieved the dream, I was just another old fart that no one knew.

1973 Calais Coupe (great car)

1975 Deville Coupe (nice car, huge engine, 9 miles per gallon)

1979 Eldorado - bought new (nice car)

1985 Fleetwood - bought new (piece of crap)

1990 Fleetwood Sedan (great car)

1993 Seville (nice car)

2001 Deville (bright red, Crimson Pearl paint)

1955 was my first encounter with a Cadillac also, my parents bought a 1955 White Cadillac Fleetwood, we went across country in that car and spent the summer in the mid west with it.

I was 8 years old when my parents brought home the new white 1975 Sedan deVille d'Elegance (wait a minute...does that mean you can figure out my age?!). It had the 2 toned Medici crushed velour in blue and I remember playing with all the buttons! The power windows, the power door locks, the power seats...but my favorite button was the power antenna! I don't know why it fascinated me so. I loved moving that thing up and down! I also remember how the lights would automatically turn themselves off all by themselves! I also remember the Mancini 8-track tape. It played the most beautiful music as we rode around in that car. It was what cinched the deal for my mother when they drove it and heard that music. That's what started my love affair with Cadillac and I have never driven anything else since.

Max

Interesting about the encounters with 1955 Cadillacs. That was also my first experience with one.

My rich great uncle had just bought a brand new one. I was about 10 years old. We always had old chevy's or Hudson's or something like that. I had never even been IN a BRAND NEW car of any kind before.

It was at a family reunion and I went with him a few miles to the store for something. I still remember how SMOOTH and QUITE it was. And is had AIR CONDITIONING. I had never seen a car with AC in it at that time. It had big clear plastic tubes that came out of the trunk up by the back glass and blew cold air into the car. I thought it was just a wonderful automobile. From that day on... I wanted a Cadillac.

And to THIS DAY... I STILL want a Cadillac. :D:D:D

Posted Image

Most memorable moment... starting it for the first time after doing my own timesert job. I figured it would either purr like a kitten, or clank like cans when the valves hit the pistons from getting the timing chain wrong. IT PURRED! :D

Archived