CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Please Review: Turtle Wax Ice?

JasonA

Looking for a review/comments on Turtle Wax's new line of Ice products. Specifically, the metal wax (vs. their other stuff like cleaner, tire shine, etc).

Thanks.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was okay.....

Takes awhile to dry.... kind of gooey to wipe off.... car doesn't really get that "glassy slippery smooth" feel, even though visually it looks nice....

Doesn't last real long either... has to be re-applied a lot, which surprised me... I though "nano-technology" might last awhile....

I also found it real difficult to "see" if it was dry or not on a diamond white car.... doesn't really get hazy when it dries....

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being awesome, 1 being crappy) I'd give it like a 6.5 or 7, I guess... other things have been better for me.

One thing it is really really good on, though, is it turns black things black again real nicely... it leaves no white residue, ever... and actually, it takes away the appearance of white residue in spots... like around my "32V Northstar" script on the trunk, mine is gold metal, with a black border... my black border was kinda white & crappy with old wax... the ICE made that look black and new again.... It also got the white residue awa from around the "ETC" emblem...

So on that, it was good. Best thing I ever used for that particular purpose, actually. I still go around the "Heritage Softail" script on my Harley with it too... the letters are so tiny, it's impossible with anything else....

Hope that helps...

Great, thanks! I'm using a wax called Turtle Wax Platinum or something similar...it's pretty good. I used to use and love The Wax Shop wax, but it's not been available here for a while...and it doesn't last long at all. I put this Turtle Wax Platinum on the van about a month ago and it's still pretty slick. I just did the '01 STS this weekend and like it. It does dry up pretty good, but I didn't apply it real thick either.

I'm thinking that the only wax that's really going to last a long time is a paste wax. Is that necessarily true, or not really?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Obviously, opinions vary, but....

For me, Finish 2001 really lasts a long time... I think that's gone now, but there's something very similar in the store called FS21... same green bottle. Applied the same way, looked the same....

For length of time endurance, it's been really good for me. Especially on my truck, which sadly does not get the careful white glove treatment that the Eldorado enjoys....

• 3 months later...

I liked it because a black car heats up easy and I don't have an easy shady place to shine my car, works great but yeah it seems to need to reapplied in a less than a month to a month on a non-garaged car.

Very nice that it works in direct sunlight.

The ICE carwash works really well. Shines the vehicle right up.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 1 year later...

I haven't tried the wax yet, but I have tried the Turtle Wax Ice car wash.

My 04 DTS is black and of course is a magnet for spots. I use Zaino polish products with great success. Easy on, and easy off.

When I wash the car with McGuire's Gold it looks good, when I wash it with Turtle Wax Ice car wash, it gleams!

My cars do not get the luxury of a garage, or even covered shelter at home; hence I wash fairly frequently. I don't dry them after

washing them, rather I go for a short drive and let them get a "blow dry".

Since using Turtle Wax Ice car wash I can go much longer before it needs washing. Not sure why, but it just doesn't seem to

attract the dust as before.

My dark blue 93 STS was clean, so I thought I would try the Turtle Wax Ice car wash on it, just for fun. It also made it much shiner then before.

Bottom line, it is a great product and would happily recommend it to others.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived