CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New format

2851delta

Sorry you don't like the new format.

If it's the colors/appearance etc hang on cause it's not done.

If you don't like the multiple forums, it's fairly easy to make

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=3 your

favorite and just read the main forum instead.

Or, you can use the "View New Posts" link in the upper right

to get a single forum type list of all new posts since your last

visit.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I don't know, Bruce, Maybe it's just gonna take some getting used to. I cannot get the control panel to work. I was unable to pull up your welcome post. What I realy like about the old board was that all the posts and reponses were right there on one page and easy to scroll thru and see when a response was entered. Hopefully this will get easier. Right now I'm stumbling around like a blind man in the dark.

I hope it gets easier then. I have tried to keep the forum count to a minimum because I know some of us like the one forum down the page look. Do try the "View new posts" as a way to get there though; it gives you an easy listing of any posts since your last visit.

There is also online help up there on the menu if nothing else works :)

Bruce

Ah yes.... change. The only thing we can count on to be constant in todays world. As for the new site...I like it. As for the 2005 STS I will have to let time (maybe a lot of it) pass before I will accept it.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Just noticed the discription of the new poster of a subject. NEWBIE??? Come on Bruce. Some of us who have been reading and posting for a while might take offence to this title.LOL We have all been well educated from all posters on many subjects, most inportantly from the seasoned verterns on this site. A newbie from where I come from is a pencil necked sisor bill that does't now his Caddy from a pull cart.LOL Gotta work on that one.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Just noticed the discription of the new poster of a subject. NEWBIE??? Come on Bruce. Some of us who have been reading and posting for a while might take offence to this title.LOL We have all been well educated from all posters on many subjects, most inportantly from the seasoned verterns on this site. A newbie from where I come from is a pencil necked sisor bill that does't now his Caddy from a pull cart.LOL Gotta work on that one.

Rickster I've got to agree with you on that..I take great exception to "Newbie" Give some of us a break Bruce, we've been plugging away for a few years now! ;-)

Now, in my case, Bruce.. Hmmm..."mad scientist".. LOL (hey, there's some truth in that)

Huh..it looks like I'm a "subscribing memeber"...That beats a "newbie"! LOL

But, Bruce, I still do science, and I'm locked in a lab all day, which can make me mad..a bit...;-)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Names based on posts on the new board, which keeps up with that sort of thing.

I have reset the post titles to be:

Lurker 1-9 posts

Reader 10-30 posts

Participant 30-100 posts

Old Timer 100+ posts

The ranks are completely customizable, so maybe we will swap to something Cadillac related once we think of the right thing. The little blue 'pips' or boxes below your name reflect your post title as well.

There are also titles that override these, for Subscribing Member and Contributing Member, based on contributions made through the gateway here. I will need time to catch that up from previous contributions.

Bruce

On another board I'm on, we have marque-related titles like you mentioned Bruce:

Nissan Newbie

Nissan Driver

Nissan Enthusiast

Nissan Fanatic

I'm not sure how that list is divided up by post numbers, but it's probably very similar to what you've done here. Keep up the good work!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived