CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

502000 klm Deville

ted tcb

This is a reassuring find for people wondering about the longevity of their

Northstar motors once they get past 100,000 miles.

This one is for sale in Toronto, translates to about 313,000 miles.

No info is given on motor repair work, but the pic of the odometer reading

is pretty impressive!

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...mp;adid=5592355

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I'm partial to 98's :)

Think they would have cleaned the engine up a bit, certainly looks like it has gone that many miles :) Mines approaching 96,000 Miles and the engines showing no signs of stopping....its the stuff around it, got a rattle in the passenger door window that drives me nuts, I imagine the shocks/struts need to replaced soon..other than that it doesn't really show any sign of needing to be replaced. I see it going the 150,000 mile mark no problem....I'll talk to you again at that point because a lot can happen in that many miles.

One thing I've learned about these cars, the radio sounds better with the volume up a bit....which also conceals any little rattle sound that may crop up.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I bought my 94 Concours 5 years ago at 61,400 miles, slight hail damage, and an oil leak. I told my wife I am buying it to drive it's wheels off. My wife always babied her 92 Deville. I now have 156,000 miles and still have hail damage and an oil leak. My goal is 161,400 miles after that who knows. It has been the best $8,000 (actually I paid $6,000 and took the extra and had it painted and took care of a few minor quirks) I have ever spent. Only major expense, if you consider it major, was shift solenoids at $125 and also the water pump (easiest water pump I ever changed), plugs, wires, and a few coils. I have to admit it is one of the best cars I have ever had.

Howyadoin,

Approximately 180K miles here on my '96 SLS, she's in her dotage, but has never left me in the lurch!. Coming up on 3 years I've owned the car, I've driven 60K of the 180 on the clock. Spent $3800 on the car, probably another $1500 replacing parts over the 3 years (A/C compressor, fuel pump, heater blower, heater core, battery, alternator X2, front "dogbones", brakes, tires, transmission service).

The next new(ish) vehicle is designated for my wife, so I'm gonna keep this car running for another year or so, then start looking for another Caddy, maybe an Eldo...

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Archived