CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

First 25k

Bruce Nunnally

Just under 25k miles on my 2005 CTS 3.6L now. Been to the dealer once along the way for fluid venting from the rear differential, and I have added around a pint of coolant after getting a low coolant level warning on very cold days. This brought the level up from just below the full cold area to the full cold line. No other problem to report, except I keep running the rubber off of it. It has been a very good Cadillac, as was my 2004 CTS.

At this rate the 05 CTS would be at 50K miles around June 2008, so I have until then to decide to extend the warranty, get an 08 CTS, or an 07 STS V8. A lot depends on how the 2008 CTS redesign turns out, and how bad the depreciation of the STS is working out. The current 2007 STS with 6speed, powetrain warranty, and 320hp Northstar is a very attractive package if highly discounted.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 year later...

Just wondering how this decision is going :) The redesign went well! The STS has had mid-model refreshment, and seems to have a very nogotiable price.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Right now I am planning to keep my 05 until I hit the 60 months point; that would be in June 2010 or so. The leading contenders are an 08 CTS with DI3.6L, performance package and nav, or an 07 CTS-V, depending on what I can find a deal on. As far as extended warranty, at the moment I am leaning towards getting one, but will decide after I see how our taxes work out.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived