CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/autos/art...t_id=1003219426

But this year, for the first time in the 43-year history of the Specialty Equipment Market Association’s annual convention, Buick will feature 11 custom-designed Lucernes on display.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39547

For a taste of Detroit and Europe blended together, look no further than the Buick Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner by Rick Bottom Custom Motor Sports of Mendota, Ill. This interpretation of the Lucerne delivers a great, fun-to-drive enthusiast’s commuter car that occasionally ferries business passengers.

IPB Image

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

But this year, for the first time in the 43-year history of the Specialty Equipment Market Association’s annual convention, Buick will feature 11 custom-designed Lucernes on display.

I should hope so. The Lucerne's only been out for 2 years. I'd be worried if they said "for the fifth time in the 43-year history of the Specialty Equipment Market Association's annual convention, Buick will feature 11 custom-designed Lucernes on display. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 1 month later...

Its to bad they didn't outsource a RWD Northstar to Pontiac, I can only imagine what a "performance" minded division would have done with that option and made it somewhat more affordable...but then again you start to encroach on CTS sales possible for the price range I would like it in :P

I know the Lucurnes a FWD car, and it make you wonder if they will phase the DTS out all together....then again Limo and Coach companies like having FWD so they don't have to monkey with drivetrains...hmmm

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

The Lucerne and the DTS are planned to shift to rear wheel drive on the zeta platform for 2010. They will be on an extended wheelbase variant of the new Impala or Camaro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Zeta_platform

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

ah thanks, always someone who knows something more :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 11 months later...

Archived