CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brake Lines

Regis

This is one of those things, on a very short list, that I've neglected in the past 3-4 years. Last 2-3 years I've noticed that the brake peddle has become soft and a bit spongey. The fluid level was always fine. 1-2 years ago I had new rotors (Bendix one piece cast) and pads (Bendix premiums) installed on all 4 corners. Big improvement and I kind of forgot about the soft peddle because she stopped so well anyways. Well now it's a year or two later and after reading a couple posts regarding Bleeding Brake Lines and how often it should be done, it got me thinking about it again. Could also be because I've noticed that the brake peddle has to travel a farther distance, ever so slightly. Point being I can't remember the last time I had the brake lines bled. So......

This Monday she gets the lines bled with fresh brake fluid. Hopefully now I'll have the same experience as when I hit the brake on my wife's car. Like my face is going to touch the wind shield in a not so gentle way.

I'll update after.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Had the brakes bled this morning. She grabs better at the bottom end and stops better now. Now that everything is done, all that's left to do is drive and enjoy. In another 2 months the snow shoes will go on. Yeah that just doesn't excite me.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

• 2 years later...

In order to bleed the brake lines, you'll need the following tools and supplies:

* A #2 Phillips screwdriver (the most common size)

* 10mm open-end wrench to fit the brake caliper bleed valves

* Several rags

* A bottle of clean, new DOT4 brake fluid (at least 8 oz/25ml)

* Several feet of 3/16" inside diameter vinyl tubing

* An empty resealable bottle (milk bottle, soft drink bottle, yogurt container, etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are the Cheapest Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor parts suppliers. 2008-2007 Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor, 2006-2005 Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor, 2004-2003 Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor, 2002-2001 Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor and all model Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor.

Toyota Camry Oxygen Sensor Auto Parts

Oxygen Sensor Toyota Camry

Toyota Echo Spark Plug Wire

Toyota Echo Radiator

Toyota Echo Clutch Kit

Cheap Toyota Parts

Archived