CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rumor has it

mikeal1892

Heres a good one for you. The funeral coach dealer was just into the funeral home and was tallling how Ford is doing way with Town Car and is coming out with something more sporty, and that Ford will be leveling the location where its currently built at. I find this all hard to believe but I dont know. I'm a whore for 1970's style things and well the Town Car still really is one of them, and that was well just a few years before I was in the world. However the dealer will only be carrying Cadillac products!!!!!!

Thank-you Lord,

Michael -

Good good the towncar is a ripoff of the Deville in the first place.

De Ville means car of the village or car of the town

Well DeVille means of the village I believe

Towncar is a ripoff. Die towncar die.

With festering boils and a lazy eye

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Heres a good one for you. The funeral coach dealer was just into the funeral home and was tallling how Ford is doing way with Town Car and is coming out with something more sporty, and that Ford will be leveling the location where its currently built at. I find this all hard to believe but I dont know. I'm a whore for 1970's style things and well the Town Car still really is one of them, and that was well just a few years before I was in the world. However the dealer will only be carrying Cadillac products!!!!!!

Thank-you Lord,

Michael -

The news media has it wrong again... Production of the Town Car will be moved to St. Thomas, Ontario where the Grand Marquis is built according to a coworker of mine who has contacts at Ford.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I don't see it happening.

On another note, from that article:

"The report comes as GM and Ford have been slashing their work forces and closing plants in efforts to reverse multibillion dollar losses. Their sales have been hurt by competition from more fuel-efficient models from Asian automakers."

Most of those automakers simply have a better average MPG because the don't have a fulling of SUVs and V8's to bring the average down.

Plenty of fuel efficiency in my opinion and since gas is dropping I don't see that as the issue, I see the issue as anytime GM makes a recall it delcared loudly but no one hears about the Toyota recalls except the owners, no hears about the engine sludging problem anymore, no hears how the unstobble tundra truly is almost unstobble and warps front brake rotors in some cases baly in 3000 miles.

Enough of my rant that poped into my head.

On the towncar I always like them, but liked Cadd'ys better, loved my dad's 89 Towncar, giant hood, all white, beautiful.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Good good the towncar is a ripoff of the Deville in the first place.

De Ville means car of the village or car of the town

Well DeVille means of the village I believe

Towncar is a ripoff. Die towncar die.

With festering boils and a lazy eye

While I am not a Ford man because of how they execute their mechanicals, over the years I have ridden in many and I mean many Town Cars. I used to work for Bankers Trust in New York City and after 9 PM you could take car service home. 90% of the time it was a Town Car, the other 10% it was a Fleetwood. Honestly, the Town Car is a smoother riding car in my opinion.. I don't think it was a rip off I think the Town Car and Fleetwood were Lincoln's and GM's response to the Limo industry demand.. Each car is a great example of comfort and quality from Lincoln and GM

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Aren't GM and FOMOCO involved in some sort of partnership in transmission development? I seem to recall reading something about that.

I've owned a few Lincolns and liked each for various reasons, but the Cadillac is just a tad better in just about every respect.

I've used car services on a few occasions and they were mostly Town Cars. A nice car if you must be in a back seat without a steering wheel etc. I only rode in the back of one Fleetwood and it compared favorably as far as rear passenger comfort was concerned.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived