CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Moog Stabilizer Bar Links Again!

Gene

Hello

I had posted before about the durability of Moog stabilizer bar links and wanted to give a update! The replacement links only lasted about 200 miles and i just got around to replacing it! The passenger side was shot on the bottom! Rattle,Rattle! So i replaced it today and my links are tight and much quieter! The sway bar mounts are new from before and still look good! The problem is i am still having a rattle when the suspension goes over a rough road. Especially on a series of patched potholes like a washboard. I have checked everything out and the only odd thing i see is that the drive axle on the drivers side where the half shaft yoke goes into the transaxle will move about a 1/8 of an inch when i pry on it! But with not miuch force! Could this be my new rattlek/nocking? Has anyone had a problem with this?

Here is my previous post

Hello

I have a 93 Eldorado and i replaced the Stabilizer Bar Links last April 2005 aand they are rattling again! Yes they have zerk fitting that get greased every oil change(3000 miles). I was hoping that they would last alot longer! The passenger side on the bottom is the worst! Yes i know they will replace them! But i didn`t want to that job again as i allready did the job once! At this point i am thinking i should have went to the dealer for OE ones! I have only 17,000 miles on this set! How long have yours lasted? OE and Moog.

Thanks

Gene

OEM 90,000 miles. What kind of roads do you travel on? Maybe you had a defective part, I would take that back to MOOG..with your receipt. Something is wrong with that, MOOG makes very good parts, sounds like a manufacturing defect.

That rattle you are talking about could be bad struts, totally ineffective struts would transfer undampened shock to your stabilizer link as it is connected to the lower control arm/strut motion.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

1/8" movement (looseness) may cause a very loud rattle. I remember a not properly tightened new stabilizer bar link, which made the front end rattled so that one could think it's going to fall apart. It had only 1/16" play.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

OEM 90,000 miles. What kind of roads do you travel on? Maybe you had a defective part, I would take that back to MOOG..with your receipt. Something is wrong with that, MOOG makes very good parts, sounds like a manufacturing defect.

That rattle you are talking about could be bad struts, totally ineffective struts would transfer undampened shock to your stabilizer link as it is connected to the lower control arm/strut motion.

I have thought about the struts. there is 165K on the Eldorado now! My roads are normal! I got almost 150K out of the original links! I have looked for the struts and have only found one set on ebay for my ETC. I know they need freshened up! I am thinking that i got a defective part the second time around but i figured on not having to replace them again!

Thanks

Gene

Archived