CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Moog Stabilizer Links. How long did yours last?

Gene

Hello

I have a 93 Eldorado and i replaced the Stabilizer Bar Links last April 2005 aand they are rattling again! Yes they have zerk fitting that get greased every oil change(3000 miles). I was hoping that they would last alot longer! The passenger side on the bottom is the worst! Yes i know they will replace them! But i didn`t want to that job again as i allready did the job once! At this point i am thinking i should have went to the dealer for OE ones! I have only 17,000 miles on this set! How long have yours lasted? OE and Moog.

Thanks

Gene

Hello

I have a 93 Eldorado and i replaced the Stabilizer Bar Links last April 2005 aand they are rattling again! Yes they have zerk fitting that get greased every oil change(3000 miles). I was hoping that they would last alot longer! The passenger side on the bottom is the worst! Yes i know they will replace them! But i didn`t want to that job again as i allready did the job once! At this point i am thinking i should have went to the dealer for OE ones! I have only 17,000 miles on this set! How long have yours lasted? OE and Moog.

Thanks

Gene

WOW! I replaced mine at ~105-110K simply as a preventive maintenance kinda thing since it was already on the lift. No improvement was noticed or expected (baby sees mostly highway mileage and local roads are well maintained).

A repeat at only 17K would really alter my mood. :angry:

Any chance there's a contributing factor at work here?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Interesting, since I suspect my Moog ball joints, which I replaced about a year ago, are already bad. Now, I’m going to buy an ACDelco replacement just to test my theory.

Interesting, since I suspect my Moog ball joints, which I replaced about a year ago, are already bad. Now, I’m going to buy an ACDelco replacement just to test my theory.

Dunno how you'd test that theory, but let us know anyway.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Dunno how you'd test that theory, but let us know anyway.

Regards,

Warren

I'll buy one ACDelco ball joint and if the popping sound goes away, suspicions confirmed. At this point, I'm willing to give it a try.

Additional shock and stress can be put on your stabilizer links due to bad stabilizer bar bushings and bad struts... I would have a look at them. I am a BIG fan of MOOG... unless they all of a sudden are making inferior parts

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Hello

The links are for the front! I also relaced the front sway bar bushings that go on the frame. I still had a faint rattle once i replaced the links so that is why the bushings were replaced!. So my bushings are somewhat new! That rattle just drives me Nuts! I will call today about getting a replacement.

Thanks

Gene

Archived